Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got my lip from carfashion/jdmeyes. I was wondering for the people that have the same lip, did these come pre-drilled. Mine didn't come with any drills or bolts. I'm assuming i can use my exsisting bolts and just drill the holes. Please let me know how you guys installed this. I have already test fit it and it actually lines up pretty good. I still need to purchase the gasket and get it painted, but it's pretty decent quality.

So for those who have this lip, please provide your feedback.
------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
Lip is finally painted and mounted. Longer bolts was needed in order to properly secure the lip from the bottom. Two self-tap screws were used to hold the sides in place (one each side). The Toyota gasket was used to keep the oem look. Here's some pictures of the painted lip with the gasket:

Gasket, two is needed (part #: 61783-35071)

Freshly painted lip

Gasket in place

NOW for the good stuff:

·
Registered
193 Posts
someone please answer those questions as I just ordered my trd replica front lip also. but he sure takes forever on shipping. thanks!

·
Registered
698 Posts
I got the JDMeyes lip and it came with longer screws and pre drilled...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought mines 5 months ago and it didnt come with screws or pre-drilled

Figment was a bit shitty on the drive side...there was a big gap

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
I should have asked for my money back on mine when I bought it...it was one of the worst fits I have ever seen, even for a knock off. I spent a lot of money gettin it to fit right, but it was all a waste, as I didnt even have it on the car for a week before I pulled it and started selling it ( I didnt like the look on my car).

no pre drilled holes, no screws, just three shitily fitting pieces of plastic...I would stay away from that replica (I didnt think they were selling it anymore last time I checked the website) and get something more worth the money, but thats just me

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fitment was actually pretty good. I'll try to drill the lip tomorrow. A fellow member suggest that i keep the bumper on while drilling, i'll have to see how difficult it is to drill upside down. I'll post pictures when i get a chance.

Any one else ordered from carfashion that can give feedback.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
i've had the EMR version and from my experience... almost all replica body parts are not predrilled. as for fitment it seems to be a hit or miss with the jdmeyes version. perhaps multiple molds being used and some of them are junk? well my opinion is find an EMR version instead :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
can u post a link as to where u purchased this from because it was my understanding too that the lip was no longer available

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
mine was predrilled (not perfectly lined up) and had longer screws. it was also test fitted at the store and was pretty good. of course, that was one of the first ones from the mold

·
1,621 Posts
Ya it does seem like a hit or miss thing with these replicas!

I ordered my carbon fiber wrapped TRD replica lip about 2 years ago off of ebay and the fitment was near perfect. It came predrilled and with the longer screws. The only part that didn't line up were 2 of the holes underneath at the sides... so I just slotted them...

·
1,621 Posts
Ya... I just searched ebay and nothing... :jawDrop:

Looks like I have to be extra careful...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
the replicas pop up in the for sale section from time to time... just have to be patient if you want that oem look. and if you're lucky, maybe an authenic TRD lip pops up for sale.
i'm kinda bummed i sold my EMR Elegant replica :(
atleast i wasn't scraping pavement with that thing.

·
Registered
280 Posts
anybody have a way to contact these guys at carfashion? i ordered some stuff from them a couple of weeks ago and since they were deleted from ebay i cant get into contact with them. help a fellow is300 member out!!! i shoulda researched before i ordered :(

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
anybody have a way to contact these guys at carfashion? i ordered some stuff from them a couple of weeks ago and since they were deleted from ebay i cant get into contact with them. help a fellow is300 member out!!! i shoulda researched before i ordered :(
it took me almost 6 months to get my kit, so dont hold your breath. let me see if I can find the email addy I used, I dont think I have it anymore, but let me check. PM tomorrow and remind me

·
Registered
280 Posts
alright appreciate it bro. +rep for helping

·
Registered
193 Posts
try this email he just e-mail me my tracking number a day ago so this e-mail should be the newest one [email protected]

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am lucky i got mine in a timely manner. I have heard many negative feedback on their shipping times. Before sending my payment, i made sure that it would be shipped within a week. They assured me that they had it in stock and it would be shipped in a couple of days, that's when i agreed to send the money. Surely enough, i got my lip within a week and half. Good luck with your hunt for your lip.

Here is the direct link if you want to purchase directly from the store instead of ebay.
osCommerce

1 - 20 of 81 Posts