Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Japan TRD sells a pair of Brake Lines for the Altezza and Altezza Gita, which uses the same 3.0L engine as us, but does anybody know if these Brake Lines work with our IS300's.

If not, what are some reliabe alternatives?
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
23,616 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,654 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
aznxmutt21 said:
goodridge
i would suggest against goodridge
Not that I would buy these...cauz I alrady have mine...
But, I am curious as to why you are against them????
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
23,616 Posts
redline814 said:
SophieSleeps said:
aznxmutt21 said:
goodridge
i would suggest against goodridge
Not that I would buy these...cauz I alrady have mine...
But, I am curious as to why you are against them????
They didn't fit the bracket that holds them to the inner fender. You'll have to fuddle with it to get it right. I'd suggest trying something else like stoptech's. From pictures, it seems like it would fasten as the stock lines do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
My goodridge fit perfectly. Maybe you got a bad set.
At any rate there are a couple of cheaper alternatives to the TRD lines.
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
23,616 Posts

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
23,616 Posts
bartkat said:
Why change the brake lines?
Stainless steel lines don't flex nearly as much as rubber. So it offers better feel, and I think less fade.
 

·
Nygmatic
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
most oem brake lines are made out of rubber, as we all know rubber expands and contracts according to pressure. the pressure being held inside your brakes lines is quite immense, which makes the lines expand and contract when you hit the brakes. the expansion of the lines will delay the time it takes for the fluid to have its full effect on the caliper. also you'll need to press more to compensate for the expansion of the lines. with a new car its not as prevalent, however the older the rubber is, the more it will expand.

SS lines are one of the mods on your car that you will definately feel. you will experience faster response, earlier "bite", and less effort. brake fade on our cars is minimal. i have taken the car in the canyons and to track events, as long as you drive smooth, fade will not be that big of an issue.... i use the engine brake more =) for the auto guys, then pads are definately a smart upgrade.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
So, judging by the responses... I am assuming that the TRD brake lines do
not work well with the IS300. Is this correct?

shuggy said:
In Japan TRD sells a pair of Brake Lines for the Altezza and Altezza Gita, which uses the same 3.0L engine as us, but does anybody know if these Brake Lines work with our IS300's.

If not, what are some reliabe alternatives?
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
23,616 Posts
SDLEX said:
So, judging by the responses... I am assuming that the TRD brake lines do
not work well with the IS300. Is this correct?
No, i don't think anyone has said that.

Try TRD or stoptech. I'd recommend stoptech. It seems like it'll fit the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
I was just asking because I didn't see anyone say that TRD's work either...

SophieSleeps said:
SDLEX said:
So, judging by the responses... I am assuming that the TRD brake lines do
not work well with the IS300. Is this correct?
No, i don't think anyone has said that.

Try TRD or stoptech. I'd recommend stoptech. It seems like it'll fit the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
Dave said:
My goodridge fit perfectly. Maybe you got a bad set.
At any rate there are a couple of cheaper alternatives to the TRD lines.
Na, i think it was manufactured that way. Here is my thread about it.
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=133542527#133542527

SophieSleeps, did you get the picture I sent you of my installed goodridge lines? Bummer they didn't work out for you. I hope you didn't disconnect your stock lines before realizing they wouldn't fit. It's frustrating to get a new part and look forward to installing it, just to finding out that it doesn't work.
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
23,616 Posts
Dave said:
SophieSleeps said:
Dave said:
My goodridge fit perfectly. Maybe you got a bad set.
At any rate there are a couple of cheaper alternatives to the TRD lines.
Na, i think it was manufactured that way. Here is my thread about it.
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=133542527#133542527

SophieSleeps, did you get the picture I sent you of my installed goodridge lines? Bummer they didn't work out for you. I hope you didn't disconnect your stock lines before realizing they wouldn't fit. It's frustrating to get a new part and look forward to installing it, just to finding out that it doesn't work.
Thanks for the help Dave. I ended up getting them to work thanks to your pics...but it was a pain and I just don't recommend it for anyone else. It's not worth it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
Dave said:
SophieSleeps said:
Dave said:
My goodridge fit perfectly. Maybe you got a bad set.
At any rate there are a couple of cheaper alternatives to the TRD lines.
Na, i think it was manufactured that way. Here is my thread about it.
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=133542527#133542527

SophieSleeps, did you get the picture I sent you of my installed goodridge lines? Bummer they didn't work out for you. I hope you didn't disconnect your stock lines before realizing they wouldn't fit. It's frustrating to get a new part and look forward to installing it, just to finding out that it doesn't work.
Thanks for the help Dave. I ended up getting them to work thanks to your pics...but it was a pain and I just don't recommend it for anyone else. It's not worth it.
Is this a very noticable difference? On the same level of say the sway bar swaps or more of a subtle difference? TIA.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top