Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can get a TRD air filter in Toronto? I saw the TRD booth at Importfest... but many dealers seem to not carry TRD stuff.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much are they?

·
Dual Citizen
2,449 Posts
I'm actually looking for a different Air Filter too. I assume the TRD's are the stock replacements?
Anyone?

·
Registered
218 Posts
ok t i h o r. a different filter would be a good idea. i got the K&N drop in air filter. i had an intake before but i found it useless. better to have it stock. i bought mine for 130$ from a performance shop at midland/progress area. it's pretty good. i think there is more low end torque

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
T i h o r said:
I'm actually looking for a different Air Filter too. I assume the TRD's are the stock replacements?
Anyone?
Yup... the TRD filters fit in the stock airbox. That's the reason why I was looking for them. Apparently Dixie Toyota is the only place you can get TRD stuff in the GTA. Apparently dealers say it's too much of a hassle for them to bring in stuff and offer repairs for things from TRD USA.

·
Dual Citizen
2,449 Posts
Crester said:
Yup... the TRD filters fit in the stock airbox. That's the reason why I was looking for them. Apparently Dixie Toyota is the only place you can get TRD stuff in the GTA. Apparently dealers say it's too much of a hassle for them to bring in stuff and offer repairs for things from TRD USA.
Well if you decide to go ahead with it let me know, I'm also in need of one so we can arrange something. IS TRD the best replacement (because its TRD and all) or do you guys think that there's better replacements out there.
With that in mind, what are all of you using? Stock AI with a different filter or an aftermarket CAI. Anyone try a SRI?

·
Dual Citizen
2,449 Posts
We could always ebay it, and get discount on the s&h fees.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've got the K&N, fit's like a glove. No issues.

·
Registered
218 Posts
go with K&N. mine works great. it is hard to find a drop in K&N filter though. i had to get the shop tos pecial order it for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts