Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a little worried about my transmission. Im always using E-Shift and always take it to high rpms (avg 3,500-4000 rpms) and always downshift with it. I dont know if its just me or all E-shifts do this but when im taking a turn and Downshift from 3-2 and gas it after the turn there is just a wait.. and then the car just picks up? I cant really explain but does this sound normal and lets say there is a problem can i just take it to lexus and hope they will fix it and not bithc and say oh you voided your warranty.. thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hear its not good to always use steptronic (or e-shift but I got a BMW), I hear its something you shouldn't use too often because it is known to fu*k up after constant use, can anyone give confirmation on this??

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
aLLeNx44 said:
Im a little worried about my transmission. Im always using E-Shift and always take it to high rpms (avg 3,500-4000 rpms) and always downshift with it. I dont know if its just me or all E-shifts do this but when im taking a turn and Downshift from 3-2 and gas it after the turn there is just a wait.. and then the car just picks up? I cant really explain but does this sound normal and lets say there is a problem can i just take it to lexus and hope they will fix it and not bithc and say oh you voided your warranty.. thanks
SHUT YOUR TRAC BUTTON OFF....!!

Jz 8)

·
8,880 Posts
intrikat said:
I hear its not good to always use steptronic (or e-shift but I got a BMW), I hear its something you shouldn't use too often because it is known to fu*k up after constant use, can anyone give confirmation on this??
You hear wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts