Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2002 lexus is 300 AT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im doing the rear main seal and I break off this little hose connected to the top of the bell house. I didnt know what it was at first still new to some aspects of this stuff..lol.. 馃槼. After some research I believe its the transmission vent valve or something similar. Where would I freaking find it. It's about a 1/4 in wide and about 6 in long with a plastic valve at the end. Connected to the transmission. Does any one know where I might get somthing like this. Havemt looked at lexus or Toyota yet directly but that's my next step. This its exactly what it looks like but this is not my part..

Registered
TBH if it is on top of the bell housing i wouldn't be too worried personally, its not like it is keeping fluids inside, just allowing movement of air as needed without letting in too much water or whatever, but that should drain from below anyway. If it is a manual it is helping keep any water off the clutch plate or spline so it doesn't slip or rust.
If it is the breather to the main transmission box then its a different story, you are trying to keep the hydraulic oil separate from everything else.

Registered
2002 lexus is 300 AT
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an automatic and the valve is plastic looks like it's just to let air pressure out with letting anything else in

Registered
2002 lexus is 300 AT
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I broke it when I was taking it off. I have not put the trans back in yet.. the part I found states it doesn't fit my car buuuutttt.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts