Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read somewhere before that its better to change our transmission oil with toyota's, but i cant remember the brand (t4?) can some one clarify this for me?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Benign said:
Ive read somewhere before that its better to change our transmission oil with toyota's, but i cant remember the brand (t4?) can some one clarify this for me?
its in the manual somewhere.. theres a specified type for toyota.. i couldn't find it at the auto stores, so you should probably go to the dealers.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
It's transmission fluid not oil :wink: And yes you can goto any Toyota or Lexus dealership (toyota dealership will be cheaper) but it's the Type IV transmission fluid from Toyota. And it is not cheap at all, very expensive.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
peterc, i called irontoad today, they have some in stock for a pretty decent price :)

bflinker, if your not helping, pls fuck off, thanks

DL, :crazy: yes fluid haha, thanks man :)

·
8,827 Posts
Kamis300 said:
Where is Vlad he should have some input on this topic :D
No, I'll keep the comments to myself. :boring: If people want to change the tranny fluid, let them. It is not the same as a Dealer telling them to. Besides, one is bound to take out that dipstick and read what it says during the process. :wink: :eek:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
vlad_a said:
Kamis300 said:
Where is Vlad he should have some input on this topic :D
No, I'll keep the comments to myself. :boring: If people want to change the tranny fluid, let them. It is not the same as a Dealer telling them to. Besides, one is bound to take out that dipstick and read what it says during the process. :wink: :eek:
yeah, tats true.... but i am not a very mechanical guy, and believe it or not, I just knew that we could check the transmission fluid from the dipstick like 3 days ago :crazy:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I just got my tranny fluid flushed a couple of days ago. Pulled the dipstick and :eek: black streaks along with the red tranny fluid. During the flush, the 1st half of fluid that came out was a mix of red and black fluid, not good. Now, it's a bright and shiny red again :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Best to change it at least one time. You will be suprise at how dark/dirty your LIFETIME tranny fluid is when it comes out. I have to talk a few who changed their tranny fluid and they told me the car seem to shift much better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.