Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I have my IS reversed into my steep driveway. Normally I'd park on a flat surface. I tried starting up the car this morning at started fine no issue BUT when I tried moving it over drive, I was stuck in park. I used the button next to lever that releases and it went into drive with no issue while pressing the brake and releasing the e-brake. On the dash, I have a constant red brake light on and flashing traction control. The car drives fine, it's just that every time I need to get out of park I need to press the release button and these dash lights.

Has anyone had this sort of issue?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Yesterday I have my IS reversed into my steep driveway. Normally I'd park on a flat surface. I tried starting up the car this morning at started fine no issue BUT when I tried moving it over drive, I was stuck in park. I used the button next to lever that releases and it went into drive with no issue while pressing the brake and releasing the e-brake. On the dash, I have a constant red brake light on and flashing traction control. The car drives fine, it's just that every time I need to get out of park I need to press the release button and these dash lights.

Has anyone had this sort of issue?
Sounds like the neural safety switch is bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts