Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 lexus is300

Trying to find my receipt from lexus when i had my transmission flush BUT, I then learned that there's also a drain and fill (with new fluid). I have 79k miles and did the flush at around 65k when I purchased it back in Feb of 2007 (yea i drove a lot).

1 - How often do I need to flush or drain?

2 - Should I continue with a full flush and refill or a drain and refill? New fluids of course.

·
Registered
250 Posts
if u already did a flush and have new fluids in there.. why bother changing the tranny fluid again that early............. u got till over 100,000 miles now! but do whatever u want to do.. its ur car.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Depending on your driving habits and the color of the transmission fluid and usually recommended every 30k or 60k.
Transmission Flush: Is a complete draining of the transmission fluid using a specially designed machine that will internally clean, evacuate nearlly all debirs and used tranny fluid, then install conditioner and new tranny fluid. usually about 12qts.
Drain and Refill: Is a traditional transmission service which drains only a small portion of the old tranny fluid, usually about 25-30% and leaves behind a large amount of depleted tranny fluid and mixing it with new fluid. Sometimes this can cause deposits to form.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depending on your driving habits and the color of the transmission fluid and usually recommended every 30k or 60k.
Transmission Flush: Is a complete draining of the transmission fluid using a specially designed machine that will internally clean, evacuate nearlly all debirs and used tranny fluid, then install conditioner and new tranny fluid. usually about 12qts.
Drain and Refill: Is a traditional transmission service which drains only a small portion of the old tranny fluid, usually about 25-30% and leaves behind a large amount of depleted tranny fluid and mixing it with new fluid. Sometimes this can cause deposits to form.
thx, well written response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts