Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
blueMM said:
i just called my dealer and they told me that the tranny filter is a stainless steel filter and does not need to be and is not recommended to be changed on all lexus vehicles. true or false?
true, under normal driving conditions, the metal mesh tranny filter does not need to be changed. it is just there to catch metal shaving so that they wont re-circulate with the fulid. there is no gauze or absorbent property to the filter so changing it wouldnt really do much for your tranny. if you have a lot of metal shavings resting on it, you should either stop driving the way you are or just flush it all out. very simple

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
My IS has 280k miles. My pan has a slow leak and plan to fix it. Do i really need to change the filter, or can i just clean it. With this many miles, will cleaning it be just as effective as buying a new one? Just need info, since i plan to buy other stuff tomorrow.

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
aight, im afraid on what i will find when i pull it. Is it just screwed in, or how is it mounted?

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
Toyota Type IV. I been doing regular drain and fill every 30-50k miles

·
Registered
4 Posts
After reading these posts, I have come to the conclusion that I will not change the filter after all. I've changed the fluid 3 times in the last 3 months and will change it 1 more time and call it good. Thanks to all for the posts on this topic.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts