Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Transmission get annoying to some of you? If this has been discussed, I beg your pardon b4 you guys jump on me for bringing up a same topic.

Like when i'm at a light, stopped, and then the light turns green, I gas a little, then there will be this slight hesitation and then the transmission engages all of a sudden so that I get a hard jerk. To accelerate smoothly, I have to gas lightly off the start. Does this happen to any of you?

Also, like you know how you're reversing and you're still kind of rolling, but very slowly, and you put it in drive, the IS 300 jerks in this situation also, at least mine. I mean more so than other cars, say My TL.

------------------

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
i have that same problem... i'm still a little unsure about how to control it.
i also feel it when it's about to shift...
it just feels like i've suddenly been pushed.
it was kinda neat the first time, feeling like it had crazy power, but now... i just want to know how to control it.

marlon

------------------
IS300 (white)
loaded w/o LSD

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have felt it in reverse when i'm still rolling back and put it into drive. I guess you just have to stop completly before you put it into drive. As for the other problem, I've noticed that happens only in Manual mode. When I shift in M Mode it definitly isn't smooth. Does this sound like your problem. Anyone else having this problem???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts