Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 IS300 w/ 78k miles manual 5-spd. Everything is stock besides wheels, suspension, and short shifter. My clutch recently started to squeak whenever I compress it and release it. My transmission also makes this chirping noise whenever I am off the clutch, but when i barely compress the clutch it will go away. Now I've read about the throwout bearing being shot and all. I took my car to a shop and the guy said I needed to replace my whole clutch .. which costs some moolah that I can't afford right now because of school and all. I was wondering what my real problem was and how much would it cost for me to fix it all? Would it be cheaper to go to the dealership and get it fixed there? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So im confused .. is it the throwout bearing or the slave cylinder that i need to replace? Also, i was not able to read anything about the clutch pedal squeaking when compressing and depressing.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Those threads were more related to clutch chatter. Clutch chirping had more to do with: http://my.is/forums/f88/clutch-petal-height-noise-squaking-chirping-364930/

The clutch chirp was a problem on 02-03. You have an 04 with chirping, which probably doesn't qualify under the TSB posted; but you should read that thread anyways to see what they replaced. I didn't do the research for you, but I'm trying to point you to the right direction.

I didn't read through this google search I did for you but you should take a look at it: site:my.is clutch chirp - Google Search

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.