Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering if IS300 (automatic) gets warm around the shifting area/ transmission area in the cabin when going on the freeway. I just got my car for a few months so I am not sure if it is the norm or not. My previous car was a honda accord but it didn't get warm.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yes mine gets pretty warm too down the transmission tunnel, the fluid level is fine on mine, pretty much a stock setup. I don't often turn the heater on in winter as the tunnel warms the car up enough.

From what I remember that was one of the first things I remember when I went from my previous Accord to the Altezza, but considering the trans runs under the cabin it's not that surprising ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes mine gets pretty warm too down the transmission tunnel, the fluid level is fine on mine, pretty much a stock setup. I don't often turn the heater on in winter as the tunnel warms the car up enough.

From what I remember that was one of the first things I remember when I went from my previous Accord to the Altezza, but considering the trans runs under the cabin it's not that surprising ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Alright thank you. I don't mind the heat I was just curious if it is the norm. Thanks !

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's normal for the tunnel to get warm. Remember the accord is fwd and the is is rwd. Unlike the accord the transmission is actually in that area as is the exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts