Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not that great, but then again, language translation is difficult to program. Courtesy of BabelFish:

Full-time the 4WD

The computer controls center diff. + electronic control type wet multiple disc clutch mechanisms according to operational circumstance, it distributes the driving force which is optimum to the front and back wheel. Usually the time front wheel 30: It distributes driving force with rear wheel, 70 the steering impression and linear like the FR car it actualizes revolving efficiency. In at the time of takeoff * acceleration and the road surface which to slide it is easy, driving force distribution of the front and back wheel is controlled continually optimumly in compliance with travelling condition.

So basically, this AWD system is RWD-biased and is automatic (computer controlled). I would venture to say that it is similar to the system found on the RX300 (drivetrain differences, obviously).

·
Registered
759 Posts
Okay the link works now but still little info. I rather have this all in Japanese and I can do a clearer translation. Anyone have any more info on this 4WD Altezza system?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
if you can find better pics and larger pics of the drivetrain, please post them, i can't navigate through that site, as i don't speak japanese.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts