Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am looking for a new tranny is the JZA70 the R154? Or are they completly different tranny? does the JZA70 bolt straight up or do i need the 1jz jdm bell housing? Any input would help.

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So does the 1jz-gte and the 7m-gte use the exact same transmission the R-154? I Just want to clear this up so i know so the r154 will fit the is300 with the jspec bellhousing?

Joe

·
Registered
325 Posts
From my research, the JZA70 is the only Supra that has the R154 tranny with the 1JZ bell housing. This will of course bolt up to our 2JZ motor. However, this tranny is very hard to find. It may be easier to buy a brand new 1JZ bell housing from your local dealer and a R154 tranny (out of a 7M-GTE) from the salvage yard.

The shop that installed my turbo kit has located 5 JZA70 trannies and is in the process of importing it here from Japan. I can surely let you know when it's here if you want one.

Chris

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the r154 isnt that hard for me to find, i can find a rebuilt one for like 800 with a 1 year warranty, i just am unsure about the bellhousing i dont think i can go down to toyota and just buy a bellhousing i think i need the Uk Spec or JSpec Bell housing, also the speed sensor from the R154 is analog is the one for are is300 digital? i guess we just put the is300 speed sensor in there?

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts