Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had my ecu reflashed a couple of weeks back and on my service receipt it says they performed the update "TSB EG2004" but from reading from the various posts on this problem the correct flash should be TSB EG2003. I pulled both pdfs from the Toyota tech info site and both claim to fix the same thing but the difference would be EG2004 is for 2002 models and EG2003 is for the 2001 models. Are they the same??? Both TSIBs are attached below..:confused:

Attachments

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Update:
I'm a idiot...after reading some more on the Toyota tech info site...there's a update flash - the TSIB eg005 which is an update to the TSIB eg003. If you look at the attachment below, on the first page under "Warranty Information" there's a table with "OP CODE" on the first column. EG2003 is for the GS300 and EG2004 is for the IS300. On my service receipt it shows that they performed "TSB EG2004" which is the updated TSIB EG005. I was looking for the TSIB number on my service receip but instead the service advisor used the OP CODE from TSIB EG2005. Both pdfs from my previous post does not contain the EG2004 OP CODE...so that means I have the updated flash! :cool:

Cliff notes:
TSIB EG003-01 (2001 IS300)
TSIB EG004-02 (2002 IS300)
TSIB EG005-02 (2001 IS300) <-- The updated one to EG003-01. OP CODES:
a)EG2003(GS300)
b)EG2004(IS300)

Attachments

· Registered
75 Posts
Thanx for the info ionic_slim

It definately helped me, cause my VIN is under the list for ECU reflash..i'm going to ask Lexus to reflash mine when my car's due for servicing..pretty soon :)

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Couple of questions...

First of all are you covered under warrenty? If not how much did they charge you for the flash?

Does the EG005 update fix the throttle response from a stop? I didn't see anything about that in the pdf.

Third, is there an improvement in throttle response from a dead stop? (My car bad response from sudden throttle useage from a stop)

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a) No my car is out of warranty but the update was done for free.

b) It fixed my hesitation problem from a stop so if you read the section in TSIB EG003-01 it says near the beginning in red "TSIB REVISION NOTICE: THE ECM (PCM) calibration update applicable to this condition has been superceeded as noted below. Refer to TSIB EG005-02 for additional details on this new calibration update." - meaning EG005-02 replaces EG003-01.

c) My throttle response has been fine ever since the flash update. :)

What kind of maintenance items have you had done so far? Have you cleaned the MAF? How many miles on the vehicle?

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would definitely bring your car in to the dealer for them to check it out. Also your car would be a good candidate for that BG Fuel System Induction Service. I just had it done on my car and it make a world of a difference in pickup/idle.

· Registered
75 Posts
Scheduled an appointment to service my car with Lexus of Norwood for next wed....

I mentioned to the service advisor that my transmission shifts harshly from 2 - 3 and i'm aware there's a flash update.
I showed them the TSB to prove my VIN is under the list...well, they were definately not pleased right after i mentioned bout the flash..they have this why-did-you-have-to-ask kind of look..oh well, i'll see next week.. :pissed:

*cross fingers*

· Registered
22 Posts
Our dealer wasn't too happy either and wanted to charge for it because the car had 81,400 miles on it. They changed their tune when we said we'd just go across the street and trade it for an Acura. The thing with TSBs is the dealer will never inform a customer of their existence or check for one unless there's a complaint.

· Registered
298 Posts
kalte84 said:
Scheduled an appointment to service my car with Lexus of Norwood for next wed....

I mentioned to the service advisor that my transmission shifts harshly from 2 - 3 and i'm aware there's a flash update.
I was aware of the ecu update needed for the 01's but not for the 02's. Has anyone had the update done on an 02 yet?

· Registered
298 Posts
hotcracker69 said:
i had it done on my 02. it not only by year by also by vin#

check you vin for more accuracy

I did and I am one of the unlucky son-of-a-bitches. Did it make a big difference after you had it done? I have to call later to make a coffee date :p

· Registered
75 Posts
Got my car serviced just now and ECU reflashed.

On my engine bay the sticker says TSIB EG2004-02...hmm...gear changes during slow acceleration is definately much more smoother now (i was having harsh changes during slow acceleration)..
Mine is also an 02 model

For some odd reason...my brake feel is firmer and stiffer now :suspiciou
Just....feeling odd, only thing i did was oil change and the re-flash..

It has been a wierd day for me today anyways...

· Registered
298 Posts
Yeh I called and they fit me in today at 7:15 in the morning. They actually did give me a hard time. Not about doing it free of charge but they were asking me where I received the information about the TSB. They seemed upset that I knew of the problem. I actually do not notice the difference in the tranny (I never had a problem I just like to get things taken care of if it is recommended). Although when I first started it, or was driving really slow (reversing) I did notice the cylinder misfire. This was fixed by the reflash and I am glad for that. I also got to stuff my face with muffins and bagels while playing on is300.net :).

· Registered
75 Posts
Glad you got your reflash...

They also did ask me where i got the TSB from and just because there's a TSB that doesn't mean i need one...the service advisor told me...I told her my car is showing the problem and that's why I searched for the TSB on the net in the first place :pissed:

For some reason my car doesn't pull as hard as before...i'm resetting the ECU now (don't know if it helps..i'll see later..)..

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.