Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was in an accident in our black IS. There was a construction truck parked in the middle lane on the interstate. Two cars ahead of her stopped and she stopped with a lot of room between her and the car in front of her. A full size Jimmy hit the car behind her at full speed and tossed it from the center lane through the right lane and into a ditch off the road. The Jimmy then hit her in the rear and carried her into the car in front of her. That car hit the one in front of it and the one in front of it. Needless to say 15-16,000 in dammage to her car with only 9,ooo miles on it. Our dealer knows a local guy who wants to by the car as is. With the insurance money and depreciation, we should be able to get into a brand new car. She is very sore and has headaches, so if there is not enough money there, personal injury settlement should get us into a new IS. The cars are built very well, the front and back crumpled, but the cab was perfect. All four doors opened and closed perfectly. Wish me luck on a new IS. I wanted to throw up when I saw the car.
Chris

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Holy sh*t, Chris! $15K - $16K in damage? Man, that's terrible!! The important thing is your wife walked away... good luck and I hope everything works out for you as far as getting into a new IS a.s.a.p!

Scott.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
That is a terrible story........im sorry to hear it....

im glad everyone is alright and good luck with you....

GOD BLESS!!!!!!

------------------
Later

MIKE
ONYX 01, Fully loaded, Graphite Polished, Factory Spoiler, SRT Intake (on order)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Glenn, Thank God she is OK! Thanks for relaying that the car held up well in such a severe collision.

Hope you are able to put this nightmare behind you.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Im very glad to hear that your wife came out with minimal injuries, Chris. You guys are very lucky there. Good luck with the settlement, and getting your IS repaired, or getting another one!

------------------
2001 IS300
2000 Eclipse GT

·
Registered
342 Posts
Off topic, but on the subject of wrecks, did anyone see the repair bill for the long term 328 in Car and Driver this month??

28k with only front end damage

------------------
2001 IS300
2000 Eclipse GT

·
11,062 Posts
Sure glad the car held up and your wife is OK. Makes me feel even better about the IS300...at least a bit safer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Chris,
The same thing happened to my Dad and brother a while back. When the troopers showed, the dip**** who rear-ended them was so wasted he didn't even remember the accident, but was amazed that he had caused so much damage. I agree with IIIseries, I'll bet the damage will be in the 20-25K range based on your discription. Glad to hear your wife is ok and that the car held-up so well.

·
Registered
333 Posts
CGLEN, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Thats why we put our wives in safe vehicles. I would love to see the Pics of how the IS fared.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thank god your wife is allright!!!!!!!!! Just another testament to how well the car is built. Both of you should be driving in a his and hers IS300's

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
WTF was the Jimmy driver doing?! Talking on the cell phone?! Seems like that stupid a$$ wasn't paying attention to the road.

Glad to hear your wife is okay.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Oh man...that is terrible. Glad she is ok. It always makes me nervous driving in situations like that. As tough as the IS is sometimes having the wife and kid in the Mountaineer makes me feel a little better since there is more steel there. Most of the accidents I've seen are like that...not so much swerve to avoid types. So having them in a bigger car makes me feel a little better. I hope things go ok with your insurance and that your wife recovers quickly.

Agent Smith out

·
Registered
418 Posts
I share your pain... Back in my BMW days I was hit at about 45 mi/hr right into the car in front of me... $13,000.00 and 2 months later I had my car back...Luckily, I walked a way with a minor wound on my hand. Thank God and the safety engineering for saving my rear! Puts it all into perspective....

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
glad to hear that you are okay but the same thing that IIIseries said popped into my head. the 328 that got into trouble had a repair bill of 28K!!! and they FIXED IT. thats' amazing. it would suck to own one of these cars with liability insurnace instead of full coverage.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Originally posted by IIIseries:
Off topic, but on the subject of wrecks, did anyone see the repair bill for the long term 328 in Car and Driver this month??

28k with only front end damage

and they fixed it up like new. Amazing!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
21 Participants
NT WORK
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing