Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came across an 02 MSM at the dealership. It has 8,000 miles on it, has a bodykit, 19" chrome rims (they are off as soon as I leave the lot), carbon fiber hood, and airbags!
The asking price - $20,000
I have an 01 MSM with 70,XXX miles on it, and I'm hoping this deal will go through. They have a bank that finances NINETY SIX months so my payments should actually be cheaper than before.
I plan on paying the car off well before the 8 years is up though.
What do you guys think?


Oh yeah, it's a MANUAL!!!
I currently have an auto (because it's a 01) and I hate it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
It has 19" chrome rims and airbags? Sounds like you'll be "hood rich"??? WTF mate, this is an IS not a f*cking Cutlass. No wonder it's only 20K, because no one wants to buy a pimped out IS. But hey man, you get a car payment for those fabalous 8 yrs, and you enjoy that!!!

- Jared

:jawDrop:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^learn how to read. I'm projecting having the car paid off in 2-3 years.
Yes it does come with 19" chrome rims that I said would be taken off and exchanged with my 18" black with polished lip ones. Basically, I'll be paying a $6k difference for a car that has 65k less miles, a bodykit, cf hood, and bags.
It's also a year newer, and a stick.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,292 Posts
I hope the deal goes thru for you.......good luck. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gray Rider said:
I hope the deal goes thru for you.......good luck. :)
Thanks...
It was a full-fletched show car. The kit needs to be fiberglassed in an area, but that's DIY sorta deal. The 19" chrome rims are going to my roomate, on this car:


My car as of tonight ;) :
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,398 Posts
This is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.

There is not one single aspect of this deal that makes any sense. From the 96 month financing to the condition of the car (I would never buy any car ever that had spent any amount of time owned by someone who would run an air suspension).

I'm not sure what part of this seems like a good idea to you.

-Justin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Justin.b said:
This is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.

There is not one single aspect of this deal that makes any sense. From the 96 month financing to the condition of the car (I would never buy any car ever that had spent any amount of time owned by someone who would run an air suspension).

I'm not sure what part of this seems like a good idea to you.

-Justin
The pluses for me are: It's a year newer, manual, 8,000 miles, cf hood, body kit, and it's $20k.
The negatives are: the reliability and ride of the air suspension.
I'm not big into performance, or speed so the airbags don't make a big difference to me. I think they are kinda cool actually.
I'm sure you know a lot more about cars than I do. What are some of the effects of having air suspension on a car? I'm sure they can't be good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
678 Posts
HondaSchmonda said:
Just came across an 02 MSM at the dealership. It has 8,000 miles on it, has a bodykit, 19" chrome rims (they are off as soon as I leave the lot), carbon fiber hood, and airbags!
The asking price - $20,000
I have an 01 MSM with 70,XXX miles on it, and I'm hoping this deal will go through. They have a bank that finances NINETY SIX months so my payments should actually be cheaper than before.
I plan on paying the car off well before the 8 years is up though.
What do you guys think?


Oh yeah, it's a MANUAL!!!
I currently have an auto (because it's a 01) and I hate it.
Is a 96 month loan really neccesary?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, it's not necessary at all. Mine's at 4 years now and I'd like to keep it that way. I was just throwing that out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
HondaSchmonda said:
^learn how to read. I'm projecting having the car paid off in 2-3 years.
Yes it does come with 19" chrome rims that I said would be taken off and exchanged with my 18" black with polished lip ones. Basically, I'll be paying a $6k difference for a car that has 65k less miles, a bodykit, cf hood, and bags.
It's also a year newer, and a stick.
I read perfectly fine, and replied in response to what I read. As Justin said I don't think it's the best of deals, but I'll leave it at that.

- Jared

:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Burnt IS said:
I read perfectly fine, and replied in response to what I read. As Justin said I don't think it's the best of deals, but I'll leave it at that.

- Jared

:rolleyes:
Listen, I can get the air suspension taken out; sell it, buy coilovers, and have money left over. The air suspension is not a permanent thing on the car. I'm sure they'll get old.

8 thousand miles, bitches... That's brand new.
 

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
Joined
·
938 Posts
I didn't know banks or other financing companies even gave out loans for 8 years on cars..... It's not like this is a Porsche or Bentley or something. Also why would you take out a loan for 8 years when you think you can pay it off in 2-3 years?
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top