Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a visit to the dealer today and traded in my 2005 IS for the 2006 IS250. I was rather impressed with the updated interior and creature features. It does seem just a tad slower that the older design, but I wanted a more luxury/performance car. The only gripe I have is that it did not come standard with HID. Damn them all.... :bigSmile:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Can someone educate me on HID's, Xeons, etc.

I know the IS300 has HID's. But to me they dont look it like.

When I notice HID's at night I see like a blueish, really bright light coming from the HID.

The IS300 doesnt do this.

The Acura TSX comes with HID's. But you see that really birght bluish light coming from the HID's. BMW's are like this, etc.

Why doesnt the IS300 have this?

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Mine does.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
are you kidding..? The IS definantly has the HID-Looks because we have HID.. The TSX and Bimmers look different because they have projectors which go through a lense that give you a blue effect.. think about it when you're driving towards a car with projectors, the colors shift when the car hits a bumb etc... thats because at different angles the light is seen at different color hues through the lense..

·
Banned
295 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
how much money did you trade in your 2005 IS?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
gsrthomas said:
Can someone educate me on HID's, Xeons, etc.

I know the IS300 has HID's. But to me they dont look it like.

When I notice HID's at night I see like a blueish, really bright light coming from the HID.

The IS300 doesnt do this.

The Acura TSX comes with HID's. But you see that really birght bluish light coming from the HID's. BMW's are like this, etc.

Why doesnt the IS300 have this?
Most of the Honda S2000 n Acura TL n TSX n BMW u c look bluish because they r projectors lens n the color looks different at different angles n also other people change their bulbs to 6000k n up to have different color shades like a bluish to a purplish. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
teracon said:
I took a visit to the dealer today and traded in my 2005 IS for the 2006 IS250. I was rather impressed with the updated interior and creature features. It does seem just a tad slower that the older design, but I wanted a more luxury/performance car. The only gripe I have is that it did not come standard with HID. Damn them all.... :bigSmile:
How many miles did u had on ur car when u traded in n how much did they give u for your trade in. How do like ur new car after having it for a day now.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
fyeung04msm said:
Most of the Honda S2000 n Acura TL n TSX n BMW u c look bluish because they r projectors lens n the color looks different at different angles n also other people change their bulbs to 6000k n up to have different color shades like a bluish to a purplish. Hope this helps you out.
To bad the IS doesnt have the projectors that other manufacturers have. The blushish effect from a difference is cool to look at. Plus I dont know if its me or not but the tsx, bmw, audi HID's look really nice to compared to the standard HID that the IS has.

·
Registered
345 Posts
gsrthomas said:
To bad the IS doesnt have the projectors that other manufacturers have. The blushish effect from a difference is cool to look at. Plus I dont know if its me or not but the tsx, bmw, audi HID's look really nice to compared to the standard HID that the IS has.
The 2006 IS has projectors..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts