Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this is an oxymoron but i'll give it a try.
looking for a "fun" but fuel efficient car...
looking to trade/sell my '01 MSM.

my thoughts:

MINI Cooper S
'09 Matrix

any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Think about that again... do you really want to dump your IS300 for a Toyota Matrix? :suspiciou

You can easily make your IS300 more fun with suspension mods.

Or is the fuel consumption a really huge concern for you? Even if it's a 4 cylinder... if you are "having fun" with the engine... it'll still produce relatively crappy gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Hmm... I just checked the Mini Cooper S' fuel consumption... it's noticeably better. :blush:

Is fuel economy a huge concern for you?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
whats up R6

can you say Lancer Evolution X:bigSmile:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
R6? are you serious? why would you dump your IS for a friggin cooper or matrix? cooper i could SOMEWHAT understand..but damn the matrix???

like crester said if you want a "FUN" car, fuel economy will still be wasted when your on it hard on tha gas.

As for me, if i had to trade my wife. i would consider a straight buy out, i wouldnt want another comitment, so i would definatly import something from japan. Skyline, right hand drive Mk3, and MAYBE my long time dream toyota porche MR2.

But if it was a new car, G37, IS350, or even some type of muscle car like the zo6, or Gto.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mini cooper S is a fun car, especially if you can get a convertable...I wouldnt even think twice about switching from an IS to a matrix.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
How is a matrix fun?

How isn't an IS300 fun?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Mini cooper S is a fun car, especially if you can get a convertable...I wouldnt even think twice about switching from an IS to a matrix.
oh man... I wouldn't suggest a convertible mini cooper... probably one of the gayest cars out there...

Just stick with the coupe.. it would definitely be a fun car to drive... like driving a go-kart ...

I think eventually when I sell my IS for something more 'economical' it might be something like a Mini... or if they ever sell it here that new Alfa Romeo Mi.TO...

Reactions: Crester

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
How is a matrix fun?

How isn't an IS300 fun?
hahah I suppose $1.119 per litre for regular gas doesn't make the IS300 that fun...

·
Registered
941 Posts
Funny that u want to go from an is300 to a "fun car" cause i sold my fun car for the is300, which in my eyes is still a fun car, but just a different kind of fun.

My fun car was an integra type R, modded like crazy, all motor, go-kart handling, revved to 9300rpm (motor was all done), etc, etc. Now that was a pure fun car, and yet when id drive it normal and under vtec point, gas milage would still be very decent since it was only still a 4cyl. But if you are looking for a newer model, maybe even look at the rsx type S?!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
you guys realize the new evo is 40k cdn.also it is the same engine as the evolution IX,ultimate racing has a kit upgrade $3800cdn and your evo will hit mid 11's on the quarter mile :jawDrop:

·
Registered
122 Posts
i would take the mini cooper S if i were to trade in the IS
Now that you mentioned it, im starting to think about it. Drove my friends cooper S and its pretty sick for what it can give you

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL...guys don't get me wrong, the IS300 is an amazingly fun car, I love it. But with my new job, I need to travel (drive) a lot of distance so milege would be important. Funny FMJ, I was thinking of GTI today too (as well as the RSX type S)

My coworker in the States has a highly modified cooper S and that thing handles like a dream and with 240 horses on something that weighs nothing, it really flies!

And yeah, like Siren says, $40K is too steep (for me) although a wicked deal for a machine like the EVO.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
oh man... I wouldn't suggest a convertible mini cooper... probably one of the gayest cars out there...

Just stick with the coupe.. it would definitely be a fun car to drive... like driving a go-kart ...
Actually I agree that the Mini is a fun car to drive... just point and shoot. And it has a nice heavy feel to the steering. But I don't think I'd trade my IS300 for it.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
LOL...guys don't get me wrong, the IS300 is an amazingly fun car, I love it. But with my new job, I need to travel (drive) a lot of distance so milege would be important. Funny FMJ, I was thinking of GTI today too (as well as the RSX type S)
What sort of mileage are you hoping to attain?

·
Registered
159 Posts
you guys realize the new evo is 40k cdn.also it is the same engine as the evolution IX,ultimate racing has a kit upgrade $3800cdn and your evo will hit mid 11's on the quarter mile :jawDrop:
mid 11's?! lol that seems really far-fetched. Vishnu has a tune out for the evo give it an extra 100 hp and that only takes it to 12.7 in the quartermile. the new evo is a pig. and the engine is totally different lol. Mostly designed by hyundai. Its going to make and appearence in their RWD tiburon..that might be a really nice car.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Vishnu flashes computers yay,I was referring to ultimate racing 35gtrr turbo upgrade for the 2.0 evo .SEB do you know what MIVEC stands for (Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control system) it is mitsubishi technology.that 2.0 mivec is good for 800+ awhp,do some research before you run your mouth.Mid 11's is nothing for 2.0 MIVEC engine.let me guess your 350 will beat it now thats a good LOL LOLthe engine code is 4b11t.It has been redigned but is stil a MIVEC engine. Johnson's(Ultimate Racing) evo IX turns 11.6 with his $3700 kit.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts