Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does trade-in value change when the windows are tinted? positively or negatively?

I am going to trade in my car next april but for now I would like to tint the windows.

Of course it would be legal tints since I am in California.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Generally, anything other than bone stock will hurt your trade in value. The dealer will claim it lower the number of potential buyers because not everyone wants a car with tinted windows...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
You get less when you trade it in, but you can bet the dealer will try to sell it for more as if it were an extra option on the car to the next guy... :-?

·
Mod er 8 er
608 Posts
Actually, most dealers will just remove the tint before selling the car. So it really doesn't do anything for your trade in value. They want to make money on the next guy and have him/her tint it w/the dealer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Lexus_girl said:
Actually, most dealers will just remove the tint before selling the car. So it really doesn't do anything for your trade in value. They want to make money on the next guy and have him/her tint it w/the dealer.

I guess the dealer doesn't mind removing the tint from the car and won't deduct from the trade in value. :lol: :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts