Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just filled out the contact form to reach Lindsay Lexus, the preferred dealership of the board in this area. I also told them about the trade-in. My S2000 has less than 400 miles and I wish to get $35,000 for it.

A few messages on the board suggest the price for the IS is dropping very fast this time of the year, indicating buying at invoice is very possible for January.

1. Is that true for the metro DC area?

2. Should I start with the invoice when negotiating?

3. Are there other Lexus dealerships in the area that I should consider doing business with?

All tips and suggestions are appreciated in advance.

------------------
Spa Yellow Pearl S2000 Owner.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Top.

------------------
Spa Yellow Pearl S2000 Owner.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Got mine at Pohanka Lexus. They are closer to you and gave me a better price than Lindsey. Mine stickered for 34,990 paid 32,432, or 33,625 w/tax, tags title etc..
If you are interested let me know. I know a saleswoman and the Sales Manager pretty well. Why you getting rid of the Honda?

------------------
Softsell
01 Silver IS 300
01 Toyota Sequoia Limited

·
Registered
78 Posts
OHHH man why are you getting rid of the Honda!! those things are some FuKKin schweet! Can't you keep and get an IS? Damn that be a phat garage!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The S2000 is very cool car. But the fact that I can't drive it in bad weather and I'm still very not used to driving the stick make me want to switch. However I don't think I'll be able to get the IS now. Just came back from CarMax, who is rumored to give the best offers on used cars. They are only giving me $31500 for my S2000. That won't cut it, unfortunately. I'll probably have to wait until spring to put my classified in the Washington Post.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Softsell, can you e-mail me some info? I'm getting mine in March or April. My e-mail's [email protected]. xellos0(Zero). Not O(Oh).You can see where I live on the left side under my username. Thanx.

------------------
K.P.

[This message has been edited by Rookie84 (edited January 03, 2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts