Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I am original owner of 2013 FRS diff wanting to trade for IS300 diff.

PM if interested and we can work out the details.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
848 Posts
That's probably why he's trading it.....4.1 ratio vs a 3.7 (manual). Given the FRS lower end torque compare to the inline 6, if the 3.7 will sacrifice the power needed to get going.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,767 Posts
That's probably why he's trading it.....4.1 ratio vs a 3.7 (manual). Given the FRS lower end torque compare to the inline 6, if the 3.7 will sacrifice the power needed to get going.
That’s what I’m saying. His FRS already has a 4.1 why would he go to a 3.7? Or the 3.9 (I believe) auto diff ratio? It’s going backwards and it will not help. Unless:

1.He is after better MPG on the freeway which will be very little.

2. boosting his car.

3. his is broken and an IS300 diff might be more readily available.

·
Registered
848 Posts
That’s what I’m saying. His FRS already has a 4.1 why would he go to a 3.7? Or the 3.9 (I believe) auto diff ratio? It’s going backwards and it will not help. Unless:

1.He is after better MPG on the freeway which will be very little.

2. boosting his car.

3. his is broken and an IS300 diff might be more readily available.
I believe FRS is LSD right? IS300 LSD diff is hard enough to find unless he's changing to an open diff. That's more available.

Even with boost, the tranny in an FRS makes the 4.1 still more viable for boost then changing it to a 3.7 or 3.9.

Better MPG on the freeway is very minimal....I'm guessing it's going to be less than 5 mile per gallon but he'll probably burn that up in city driving.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,767 Posts
Ok. I think there is a misunderstanding here. From what I am gathering, this guy DOES NOT own an IS300. He owns a FRS and is looking for a IS300 diff which to me, makes zero sense unless above reasons.

Am I reading that wrong?

·
Mr. Roo
10,270 Posts
Ok. I think there is a misunderstanding here. From what I am gathering, this guy DOES NOT own an IS300. He owns a FRS and is looking for a IS300 diff which to me, makes zero sense unless above reasons.
I admit, I read the original post this way too, but now that I read it, there's no indication which vehicle is owned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts