Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am i the only one ? or are any other people having a hard time losing traction with the traction control off in pouring rain??? that 2 second lag sux IMHO when i try to impress from a stop light i just end up rocketing off away from traffic......oh another topic ...raced a mustang gt : ))) left him in the dust at a stoplight ...i've had this car two weeks and i just know that my donation to traffic court will be really high : ))) as soon as i relax on the interstate i find myself going 85 love it !!!

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by IS300lver:
am i the only one ? or are any other people having a hard time losing traction with the traction control off in pouring rain??? that 2 second lag sux IMHO when i try to impress from a stop light i just end up rocketing off away from traffic......oh another topic ...raced a mustang gt : ))) left him in the dust at a stoplight ...i've had this car two weeks and i just know that my donation to traffic court will be really high : ))) as soon as i relax on the interstate i find myself going 85 love it !!!
First off, I'm so with you about the 85 thing... I'm SO BAD when it comes to speeding in this car. I think it's the quietness factor. IN my old car, when you were at 80mph it sounded like it. When you're at 80 in the Lex it sounds like 25mph. Knock on wood, I've never been pulled over, even though I routinely pass cars like they were standing still on the highways around here.

As far as the skidding thing, I see this posted about 2 times a week and I think it's all due to people hitting the gas too hard, plain and simple. It's not a flaw of the car design so much as the way the car is marketed IMHO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts