Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Last Saturday, my IS300 got stuck in the mud and I had to push it out with another guy while my girlfriend was driving. I had both traction control and the "snow" botton on and still couldn't get my car out without two people pushing. I live in a heavy snow area and have much experience with these situations so it's not my lack of expertise. What makes it even worse is that I have the bridgestone all weather tires and LSD on my IS300.

So, although I absolutely love my car, I just wanted to mention how badly the car performed in the mud (and probably snow). I saw a Honda Civic go through the same muddy area at the same speed without a problem. I guess no matter the options you have on your car (LSD, traction control, all weather tires, etc.), rear wheel drive is a killer when it comes to mud and snow. Any thoughts?

ELS

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
It's not an SUV, it's a sports sedan. Most rwd cars would have that problem, regardless of the traction systems that they may have. My dad's eighty five thousand dollar Mercedes Benz S class had a tough time in the snow last year (got stuck many times). But that doesn't make it a bad car.
If you live in a heavy snow region, you should get ice crunchers installed. I'm not sure what size wheels you have, but I think they shouldn't be hard to find for the 16s. As for the 17s, I'm not so sure.

black/ivory
17"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
hasanazhar
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing