Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the traction off button does not work but the snow button does? any ideas?!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Do you mean the TRAC button doesn't light up? Or it when you press it you don't see "TRAC OFF" light up on the instrument panel? If the button doesn't seem to do anything... check to make sure the cable for the button is attached properly.

One time my Dad took his Lexus is for a service bulletin... and somehow the dealer forgot to re-plug-in the VSC button.

Reactions: IS3_FTW

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
To check if the Traction is off. Turn car on, then push the button. From a dead stop, WOMP on it. If it feels sluggish, then your button doesnt work. If you peel out, then your light bulb is blown.

Reactions: Crester

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
i think i read somewhere that if the button does not light up, the LED inside is blown and the traction control reverts to ON mode and the button wont work until the LED is replaced. if you can still peel out (not in the wet, cuz i can still break loose in the wet with it on), then your instrument panel bulb might be blown.

Reactions: IS3_FTW

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
i think i read somewhere that if the button does not light up, the LED inside is blown and the traction control reverts to ON mode and the button wont work until the LED is replaced. if you can still peel out (not in the wet, cuz i can still break loose in the wet with it on), then your instrument panel bulb might be blown.
Good point, how could I have missed that :lol:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont know if it is the light or not. the light does not come on so it is a possibility but it is definately stuck in the on position because i get the traction tire light when i drive it hard. How would i check the connection on the button, see if its ''plugged in'' ???

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
That panel with the trac button and the seat heater button pulls straight out towards you. You can see if it's plugged in correctly... and check the bulb in the switch.

·
Registered
53 Posts
speaking of the Traction button...how should we drive with it?
should i always keep it on or off? in terms of performance or even gas mileage?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well how do you drive your is300? Do you drive it like it's stolen or drive it like your driving ms. daisy? Personally I leave it on not really sure about the gas mileage but, performance wise it definently knocks the power down. I've owned an 01 e-shift & usually just left the traction on all the time. But, now I got an 02 5 spd I take traction off when I want to get the car sideways or peeling wheels.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its definately not the connection with the buttons. i couldnt locate the fuses for those buttons either (looked in both boxes by the front doors & engine bay). i would think that could be a possibility to it not working.
Any other ideas??? I would love to get this resolved

1 - 11 of 11 Posts