Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
With boost coming I am gonna need something to help out with my straight line traction. I drag race a good bit, so I dont need autocross mods. But, I dont really know what to add? I have yellow TRD sway bars waiting to be installed, Zeal Coilovers fixing to be ordered. What else??

Thanks,
Chad(Aubie83) :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
for drag racing, get some wider tires in the rear or some slicks

i guess a torque converter wouldn't hurt either

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Hey guys,
With boost coming I am gonna need something to help out with my straight line traction. I drag race a good bit, so I dont need autocross mods. But, I dont really know what to add? I have yellow TRD sway bars waiting to be installed, Zeal Coilovers fixing to be ordered. What else??

Thanks,
Chad(Aubie83)
SRT 3" Custom Turbo Exhaust
SRT Racing Torque Converter
**6 to 8 Weeks**
I-Forged Rev 19's
19s for drag racing? :shame:

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys,
I WILL not be drag racing with 19's. I will slicks on the stock rims. I was just wondering if there was anything else to help with maybe weight transfer and putting more traction to the ground?

Thanks,
Chad(Aubie83)

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
get a drag type suspension kit. usually coilovers with high spring rates and hard dampers...

wheelie bars might help ya launch if you're that crazy about it

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
not so sure....

but when i was a honda-head, i heard that sways aren't good for drag racing....no clue way it would hurt

38psi tire pressure.......?

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Wxman said:
I hear that "X" shaped underbody brace is very important for launching your car.
It's helps tremendously. I've got the JIC chssis braces and I noticed a nice bit of stability not only in turns, but launching as well.

Very much worth the money. I like them better than the TRD one's due to the TRD ones not being as rigid, since they're only an "X" design rather than an "X" with a box frame like the JIC.

This and good shocks/springs or coilovers will allow you to stiffen up the suspension to keep the weight in the right spots for ultimate traction.

Kane

·
Registered
35 Posts
For your suspension, add helper springs to the front. When dragging, set the rear dampers stiff and the fronts soft. This will allow you to transfer the weight to the rear. I have the JIC lower frame brace for sale, $200.
Kevin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts