Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! A few months back I bough a is300 with a Ar5 manual swap done to it. The car does not have traction control for some reason the traction button does not do anything any ideas of what i can do? The car does still have the auto ecu in it I don’t know if that effects the trc after the manual swap

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Answer = Manual swap from Auto

Im trying to figure out how to fix it lmao obviously it is from the swap but what I’m looking to hear is how to fix it don’t really need it but with the rain I’m dealing with I don’t feel like doing manjis constantly while driving on the highway

·
Registered
705 Posts
Im trying to figure out how to fix it lmao obviously it is from the swap but what I’m looking to hear is how to fix it don’t really need it but with the rain I’m dealing with I don’t feel like doing manjis constantly while driving on the highway
Are you still using the auto ecu? If you are, you can fix it by buying a manual ecu or an aftermarket ECU and traction control. Another way to fix it is buy better tires. Stock Traction control isn't that great IMO. Once you start sliding, and traction kicks in, you are effed because you will have no power to counter steer to fix it.

·
Registered
2004 Lexus IS300 NA-T
511 Posts
Someone probably pulled the bulb out because it would flash if there was an error. The answer is that you should convert to a manual ECU.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Yep ^ what they said. If you have a CEL - and you will have one, going from Auto to MT - then traction control is disabled. Even a catalytic code will disable traction. I’ve always thought that stupid and hugely liable on Toyota’s part to use a safety feature by tying it in to an arm-twisting nag. How the hell an O2 code will disable traction control is beyond me, but I guess no lawyers have latched onto that.

To fix it, and this is assuming all your wheelspeed sensors and tone rings are OK, you will need to find a stock MT ecu, or send an auto ecu to here for a remap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts