Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an is300 and I tried to turn the trac off but every time I press the button nothing happens, what could be the issue and how can I fix it ? Also when I start the car the trac off button lights up with the rest of the lights on cluster but when I hit the button nothing happens

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
behind the button, see if its plugged in and if someone has cut the wires or something like that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mainly got the car to slide in so should I just unpin the trac/vsc wire and if doing so will have to worry about other issues?

·
Registered
2005 Lexus IS300
113 Posts
I mainly got the car to slide in so should I just unpin the trac/vsc wire and if doing so will have to worry about other issues?
let me start with a few questions
1) when the car is running is the "trac off" light on cluster off , flashing, or solid.
2) do you have any check engine lights or abs fault

side note id pull abs fuse if "drifting".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
let me start with a few questions
1) when the car is running is the "trac off" light on cluster off , flashing, or solid.
2) do you have any check engine lights or abs fault

side note id pull abs fuse if "drifting".
The only time I’ve ever seen the trac off light flash is upon start up, other than that it never lights up even when I press the button it never flashes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah its sounds like a faulty switch.
I’m assuming so because I checked the wiring and everything’s intact, I haven’t been able to find anything on YouTube about changing a fault switch, how would I fix this issue?

·
Registered
2005 Lexus IS300
113 Posts
I’m assuming so because I checked the wiring and everything’s intact, I haven’t been able to find anything on YouTube about changing a fault switch, how would I fix this issue?
pop it out and disconnect connector. if you got the tray off then thats half the repair done.

·
Registered
721 Posts
You could disconnect the connector while the car is running and try shorting the wiring on it. If the switch is defective, shorting the wiring should trip the TC light on the dash. There might be a fuse blown too, I don't know....but maybe check in the drivers footwell for the fuse block and go from there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts