Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was replacing my spark plugs and wires on my IS just last night. Thanks to "longnights" step by step post, THANKS! and I think I got the job done. Car runs a lil better than before, smoother, maybe a lil quicker but when my car is on.. the tracking control light just keeps blinking.. snow button works, no tracking in my car at all unless I turn on the snow button. Its fine if the tracking control is complety off (need snow button to work though) but what can I do from it to quit blinking? If anyone can help me I would be so greatful..

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
get the CEL codes read and post up what codes it gives you so that we can tell what the problem is.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
most auto stores have a code scanner that you can rent for nothing or very cheap.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PO120 - throttle/pedal position sensor A circuit, and something new to me that I never knew about lol, PO430 - cat-back sysyem

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But Im pretty sure its the throttle/pedal sensor, but I really dont know what that means

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought I did.. I re-connected twice, because the first time the track. cont. blinked so I dis-connected it again and re-connected once more and it still blinks but obviously I probably did something wrong..

·
Registered
214 Posts
Car runs a lil better than before, smoother, maybe a lil quicker but when my car is on.. the tracking control light just keeps blinking.. snow button works, no tracking in my car at all unless I turn on the snow button. Its fine if the tracking control is complety off (need snow button to work though) but what can I do from it to quit blinking? If anyone can help me I would be so greatful..
What you wrote here does not make sense. Please try to explain more clearly what problems you are having.

If things were correct before, and you had NO CEL in the past, then you fucked up the install of your wires and plugs. Unless...you got the wrong plugs.

I would go through the entire process again and make sure everything was correct.

Then double check...

I had a problem and it turned out to be a wire that was arcing to the throttle body.

GL,

-V

·
Registered
288 Posts
Make sure everything is plugged into the throttle body. The pedal position sensor is built into it, and there's a fairly good chance you just left it unplugged. I've been working on lexus for years, and I did the same thing on an LS400 a few weeks ago....

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I might of just maybe pulled on a wire to hard and maybe just the one wire came undone because I went back and took everything apart again and the blinking light was still there, hasnt gone away.. ill check it out tomorrow

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
Actually I had this problem a little while ago as well. My brake line came loose when I was changing pads and the fluid was slowly draining out. I didn't know and drove around and e-brake light came on when brake wasn't up and tra clight blinked. What i did is i tighted all the hoses, bled them out, and refilled my brake fluid and everythin went off. Just a thought to check since you said you did your front pads

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually I had this problem a little while ago as well. My brake line came loose when I was changing pads and the fluid was slowly draining out. I didn't know and drove around and e-brake light came on when brake wasn't up and tra clight blinked. What i did is i tighted all the hoses, bled them out, and refilled my brake fluid and everythin went off. Just a thought to check since you said you did your front pads
The light came blinking before I did the pads, but Ill make sure all brake lines are connected..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Same thing happened to me after i replaced my plugs *And it was a bitch to replace them as well took quite a while* Anyways itll go away eventually, After driving on it for a while it went away for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts