Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TEG has a close up of the sticker on a solar yellow IS at Monterey. Note that VIN and see if anyone on here sees it at their local dealer sometime soon. It will have some miles on it and there could have been rough ones if those press people put it through it's paces like they should have to test it.
I can hear the dealer now when you ask why there are so many miles on it. Well let's see
"It missed the truck leaving Long Beach so we had a fellow drive it to the dealer but he never went over 65".

Click here to see a picture of the sticker

[From TEG:
I wrote down the VIN#s of all 8 IS300s that I saw in monterey.

I also heard a story that the owners of the California Lexus franchises are invited to come to Torrance next week to see the cars in person. They are invited to drive one of "their" cars from LA back to their dealerships. Being that most owners are mutli-millionaires who drive more expensive cars than the IS300 alot of them are planning to lease a truck to have their cars trucked back to the dealership rather than spend the time to drive it. If your dealership has an owner that actually wants to take a long drive in an IS300 then you might see the first car on their lot with a few hundres miles on the ODO.

Maybe you can volunteer to be a "designated driver" to drive the first IS300 back from Lexus HQ! (I doubt any dealerships would take anyone up on that offer, though...)]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited June 05, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I sort of wonder if Monterey Lexus' offer of $1000 under list price might be for those 8 cars...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts