Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When do u turn it on, or do you leave it on, or in the rain, or what, and do you use E*Shift more than auto or not?? help me out here

------------------
Can't Decide
BLUE OR MILL SILVER
IS300 soon for me!! Can't wait!!!!

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
i usually turn off my trac...my supra has it defaulted to off anyways, so i'm used to having it off. when it was raining and i was in heavy traffic...i left the trac on tho...just in case...

as for the e-shift...i usually use it in traffic situations sometimes...when i want to downshift instead of hitting the brakes...that's about it for me...

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I changed my IS300 so the traction control defaults to off. I never use it. I enjoy having to steer to keep the car pointed in the right direction while driving in the rain.

If I ever take the car in the snow, or have the kids in the back during a heavy downpour then I would turn the traction control back on.

I tend to put the car into eShift mode whenever I drive, but I have found that it is very rare for me to use the shift buttons. Basically I leave it in eShift (enabled) mode, but with the selector at 5 which is pretty much the same things as using "D". When I bought the car I thought I would be using the shift buttons more, but they aren't as responsive as I had hopped and I find that I am getting lazy and letting the car figure out the shifting for me.

·
Registered
653 Posts
After a few scares with the traction off I said I would keep it on. If your not hot rodding your car all day I say keep it on. It will save you the aggravation of having your car smashed up!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Too much snow and ice on the ground right now... gotta keep it on.

Scott.

------------------
...yet another proud owner of a fully loaded Graphite Gray Pearl '01 IS300

·
8,880 Posts
I always drive in M mode. I like to have instant ability to downshift.
On dry roads in summer time I keep trac off. It's more fun this way. It doesn't hold you up in turns. On cold days and when raining/snowing I leave trac on.
In other words summer - off, winter - on.
I found trac cutting me some slack sometimes.
I was able to do a full throtle 180 (on purpose) on an icy road and trac kicked in only at the last moment. Maybe it's because of the LSD. It was fun thou.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts