Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
hello everyone I have a problem, while I was driving home from work today my check engine light came on and the trac off sign was flashing, has anyone ever seen this before please help
What sympotoms are you having? When that happened to me I had a misfire in cly. 2&3. just had to change out the spark plugs... Also try searching, this has been covered a few times or so I've seen.

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
get the CEL code(s) read, you can usually rent the reader for just a deposit at an automotive store.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ABS system has nothing to do with a DTC. If it was something related to the ABS system, his ABS light would come on.

A lot of cars will automatically disengage traction control when a DTC is stored in the cars ECU.
^^He is correct. Anytime we get a CEL, the Trac Off light will flash. Best bet is to either purchase an OBDII Reader (which have gotten rather cheap), or you can check out your local auto parts store and let them check it. Should be free.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I just fixed this problem 2 days ago. We scanned with obdII and it was a P0057, replace o2 sensor in b2s2 (y pipe) its a common code, same with P0161, heat se sorry wire is bad on same o2 bank/sensor. Best bet is to get it scanned and search these. Boards with the code number.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.