Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Lexus is250

I ran out of gas. I tried to start the car a few times, but had no luck. After sitting for about 13 minutes with the electronics on ("accessory") and the hazards running, I put the car in neutral and pushed it to a nearby gas station.

Once I got gas, I could not start the car, as the battery was too low. ...which is strange. I have never had a problem with the battery. I jump-started the car. It drives fine and everything functions like normal, but now...

The dash screen says "TRAC OFF", the cruise control doesn't turn on/work and the check engine light is now on. When I press the traction control button, nothing happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE:

Okay. So, when I started my car up and used it this morning, everything was back to normal. I ran errands for about 2 hours. That included turning the car off and on many times. Everything seems to be good now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
my 2008 does the same kind of stuff every now and then...shes a cranky old girl but i still love her even if she throws codes at me al the time

·
Registered
242 Posts
UPDATE:

Okay. So, when I started my car up and used it this morning, everything was back to normal. I ran errands for about 2 hours. That included turning the car off and on many times. Everything seems to be good now.
pretty sure that your car went into limp mode when you've ran out of gas. That's why you've got those lights lighten. On your way home the ECU relearned your driving habits and double check that everyting work normally. Since nothing really bad happened the ECU came back into normal mode the next time you'Ve started the car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts