Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok maybe this doesn't belong in the go Faster forum but y'all actually give better advice when it comes to electronics like trac control.

Is there a way to permanatly disable or at least make the traction control on / off button stay between turning the car on and off. I just get annoyed with turning the trac off everytime i drive the car. We have soo much crap in the medians that when i forget to turn it off i've almost been hit quite a few times. Anyone know of a solution to this? I wouldn't mind like an auxillary switch werhe when you flip it trac control is completely disabled untill it's flipped back on for say when the GF drives the car.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
there was a tutorial(don't know where you'll have to search) on defaulting the track to off. it might of been in mobiletronics or GoFast or GD. Search around and you should find it. post the link when you do if you could.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
here's the earliest occurance i could track down.

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=137199&highlight=trac+disable

Use a knife to pry the TRAC switch out of the plastic panel.

Once the TRAC button is removed use your finger to pull the three switch panel out. This will expose the bolts that hold the stereo head unit in.

The TRAC switch has four conductors: two are used to power the internal light when the headlights are on, and the other two are triggered by the TRAC disable switch. This switch is a normally open switch. Buy a normally closed switch and swap that for the normally open switch.

Note that the dash indicator lights may be slightly brighter than normal.

Please note that this modification will default your TRAC to off when the car is started. The factory default is for TRAC to be on when the car is first started.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok for some reason i was using the same exact search terms and came up with nada, thanks alot IS_Dude

So switching that with a normally closed switch would allow trac control to be off when the car starts and on when you press the button, ok. i wasn't sure if it was a relay or not back there. thanks man

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Sweet find IS_Dude. I only remember some guy installing a timed relay to switch it off automatically after I think 10 seconds to allow the car to start up and the ECU to finnish some starting functions.
Just changing the switch if it works is a much simpler solution.

Oh IceCold4x4, mobil electronics is a very very good forum, only have had great replys and great answers there, diffinently less flaming there unless things there have changed (I don't go there much often).

B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts