Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets get started on the next one. I figure the lake spots will probably be dead/closed by then. Lets come up with some other ideas. Also, which date works for everyone? We can throw in Nov. 1 too but I thought that might be a little too early for everyone.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking the 8th as well so thats my vote. A park meet sounds cool but if the weather isn't good we should have a backup plan.

VVTIS & Avngr: We gonna play some bball on sunday afternoon? I asked another one of my friends if he wanted to play and he said he would as long as it was after the early game. Any of you other peeps that want to play are more than welcome to come out.

·
Registered
617 Posts
AvngrGuild said:
ubiquitous said:
by the way, any of you interested in buying my L-Tuned sways?
Did you decide to go w/ a stiffer setup, or are you returning to stock? btw, what were your auto x impressions and how did you place in our class?
trying to go for a stiffer setup but i might just go for a set of wheels and tires first before i replace the sways. as for the results, i totally sucked ass. i don't know how to drive. i can't brake, corner, or shift. dammit! well it was still fun and i didn't do too bad for a beginner. Varun's best time with his slicks i think was around 57-58sec. my best time was 62 something plus one cone. if you saw the vids, i'm too far from the cones and i'm coming out of the corners all wrong. didn't help that i didn't check my tire pressure. probably too low for autocrossing. all the reason for me to sign up with spokes and run all next year!

next event is nov 16. come out and race the hell outta your car.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
yea, nice numbers, I wish PLP was here in Texas though, when a tuner creates a system, they are able to tune it to the max and get the most out of it, when I dyno again, I am putting the 17s on, in that vid they had 16s on which gave some more hp. Torque is low though with the SC, I wonder why.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
alredxiii said:
I noticed that too....I'm wondering if I should just wait and go up to PHR to see how there Rotlex S/C is doing, I'll e-mail Jarrett in another week or so.
They are both using the same blower, just different piping.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Yea, reading up again, the numbers are not very impressive, the stock IS they dynoed made 189 to the wheels, after the SC was installed it made 301 which is a gain of 112 hp, with a 8-10lb pulley, I thought it was 5.5, that kit is nothing special, I was getting jealous at first, but now I see it sucks. Also, it was not done on a correct dyno. Yes, this was on an auto, but it was on 16s, unlike PLPs with 19s, they have 93 octane over there, there are too many factors, but I think PHR would be the best choice for you if you dont want the PLP. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 213 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.