Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey folks

I have been showing lately with a very cool bunch of guys called Team Transport. After talking with the reps of several local "Clubs" i was approached by these guys & the fact that they all seemed cool & had some very nice cars and are centered & well grounded, and really seem to understandthe struggle with satisfying a Car Jones while also managing Life's other little or not so little responsibilities...regardless, they invited me to join them as their 1st IS300 so i did & it has been cool not a serious commitment but a lot of cool guys all lovin their rides some are al lstereet others are Way more show & many are GO!/Track oriented & we have some instructors in the team,...

No one here is RIDICULOUSLY serious about any facet of the car scene... but everyone loves a cool car & good time

We certainly would like MORE Lexus representation in the team right now lots of Infinity G35 & some Z car rep., with only a few Lexus cars & what not.... PM me for more info on joining the team if you are interested & keep a well maintained Showrom level appearance to your car and are interested in showing, tracking etc etc...

These guys are pretty organized do all the So. Cali & some Nor Cal. shows, & while fairly serious... cars are HUGE part of all our lives. We are committed to representing all the different models we can. We are working on some sponsorship deals as well & expect some good news soon!

We are also asking that Spectators register (for free) so that we can get an accurate parking count. Lunch is available to passengers and spectators for a fee.

Thanks for looking & hope to talk to some of you about joining!

EdG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congratulations to edgy for taking home 1st place Lexus at yesterday's Falken Showoff Classic in Pomona!!

Team Transport is proud to host our 2nd annual Toys for Tots charity car show, to be held at the Pacific Palms Resort in the city of Industry on Sunday, December 11th. This is a local event to many of you and for a great cause!! We're inviting groups representing all sport compacts, classics, hot rods, motorcycles, trucks and special interest vehicles to spectate, hold an end-of-year mega meet and to show!

For those that would like to show there will be multiple categories, including "stock". The cost is $20 ($30 after Nov 15th), which will also include a lunch and beverages catered by the Pacific Palms. This is a free event for spectators, although spectators or passengers of show participants may opt to purchase lunch in advance when registering.

All participants and spectators are requested to bring a NEW UNWRAPPED toy (worth at least $10) to donate to the Marines Toys for Tots campaign.

Bring the whole family.. there will be games (inflatables jumpers/slides etc), as well as visit from Santa Claus!

You can register or get more information here ---> www.teamtransport.org

Thanks guys! Hope to catch you there!

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Shady!!!

3 shows & 3 trophies...a 3rd, a 2nd & a 1st!

the winning car!!

Nice progression, scoring better each time out. Not a bad start especially as Showing is not my main focus at all!

Come on out to the Team Transport Toys for Tots show Guys!!!

It will be a great show with really nice trophys Lots of sweet rides, & fun for the kids as well!! i think we had about 80- 100 cars last year & expect upwards of 200 this year!!! & it is for a great cause!!

Last years show was actually the 1st car show of any kind i ever entered & i won Best Lexus "Mild" Whodathunkit!!!

I cannot compete this year as i am now in the team, but i will be showing to support the cause regardless.

It is an informal type show wit hgreat sponsors and supporters, we coordinate & produce it & it is a GREAT way to spend an early sunday, and get your feet wet with showing your car if you are not really a "Show" focused owner but you do get lots of props for al lthe mods and effort you put into your ride... esp if you are thinking of showing once in a while in one of the bigger more serious commercially organized shows ya gotta start some where..

Malek & several other .netters participated last year & we all had fun supporting the cause.

SO REGISTER UP!!

Hope to see more of you roll out to show or just support the cause & the entrants. Especially those from SGV & OC possibly as it is not too far...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts