Lexus IS Forum banner

1461 - 1480 of 2057 Posts

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Do you do many hour+ commutes on the highway? They're boring as shit. Might as well be comfortable. I don't need a Mercedes S Class, but I don't think a buzzy lightweight sports car is the droid I'm looking for.
You're right. Go buy a huge truck that rides like a cloud and gets 10 miles to the gallon. You'll be much better off.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Hahaha, this is great.

1) Choose your interior color (0 choices)
2) Choose your transmission (manual or auto)
3) Choose your options (0 choices)

teh lulz...

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,464
Do you do many hour+ commutes on the highway? They're boring as shit. Might as well be comfortable. I don't need a Mercedes S Class, but I don't think a buzzy lightweight sports car is the droid I'm looking for.
I know exactly where you're coming from.

You're right. Go buy a huge truck that rides like a cloud and gets 10 miles to the gallon. You'll be much better off.
:confused: I don't think he said anything about a truck, and as far as I'm concerned, there are far better options for 30k that offer far better options and you get more for your money, and you don't have the Toyota cheap quality. Jayhendry has a point. As someone who drives an hour to school and an hour to work, having a car that's a 'rattlefest' REALLY gets on your nerves. The Camry started to irk me so I when the side door panels would rattle. I started taking my bike instead. For shorter drives, it's no problem but a constant rattle for the long haul really grinds your nerves.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
I don't think he said anything about a truck, and as far as I'm concerned, there are far better options for 30k that offer far better options and you get more for your money, and you don't have the Toyota cheap quality. Jayhendry has a point. As someone who drives an hour to school and an hour to work, having a car that's a 'rattlefest' REALLY gets on your nerves. The Camry started to irk me so I when the side door panels would rattle. I started taking my bike instead. For shorter drives, it's no problem but a constant rattle for the long haul really grinds your nerves.
Dude, I'm usually right on the same page with ya but your logic didn't get out of bed with you this morning...

Toyota cheap quality? Last I checked it was a one of the highest quality brands. You solved the issue of a minuscule rattling of a car door by riding a sport bike to school? So instead of a slight noise in a quiet, comfortable cabin you've now strapped yourself to a vibrating saddle in the open air with exhaust about 24 inches from your face?

PS: If you want to fix that rattle you know I can help you out.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Long way to say, if I was dealing with a long boring commute I'd want to find a way to make it AWESOME! And driving something fun is how I'd solve that problem. But that's strictly my opinion. :)

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,469
Long way to say, if I was dealing with a long boring commute I'd want to find a way to make it AWESOME! And driving something fun is how I'd solve that problem. But that's strictly my opinion. :)
Having to deal with traffic on 95 is not fun. :(

Dude, I'm usually right on the same page with ya but your logic didn't get out of bed with you this morning...

Toyota cheap quality? Last I checked it was a one of the highest quality brands. You solved the issue of a minuscule rattling of a car door by riding a sport bike to school? So instead of a slight noise in a quiet, comfortable cabin you've now strapped yourself to a vibrating saddle in the open air with exhaust about 24 inches from your face?

PS: If you want to fix that rattle you know I can help you out.
:lol: I just bought an awesome Shoei helmet. It makes the commute much nicer. Very quiet, actually. The problem is the cabin wasn't comfortable anymore. The rear speakers in the rear deck are rattling like crazy too. The smallest imperfection in the road will cause the rear deck where the rear speakers are to sound like they're about to fall out. Toyota's interior quality had taken a severe hit the past few years. The new Camry fixes that though. I really enjoyed driving that car. It's just a good place to be.

How can I get rid of that rattle? It's REALLY annoying.

·
Registered
13,409 Posts
You don't get to make drives awesome. Going 70 mph for 60 miles with cruise control is exactly as awesome in a Caparo T1 or a Lexus ES, only the Lexus will get me there without needing to see a chiropractor. The BRZ isn't a "no-compromise" car, but it's close enough that it's much more of a second car than it is a daily driver.

·
8,107 Posts
You don't get to make drives awesome. Going 70 mph for 60 miles with cruise control is exactly as awesome in a Caparo T1 or a Lexus ES, only the Lexus will get me there without needing to see a chiropractor. The BRZ isn't a "no-compromise" car, but it's close enough that it's much more of a second car than it is a daily driver.
+1 I actually prefer taking the Outback over my 330i for the boring commute to work (unless I take the back roads). It's more comfortable with a better stereo. Even the back roads suck, cause there's always a car 10 feet in front of you.

·
Technical Poseur
23,314 Posts
I guess ride quality hasnt become an issue for me yet? My car rides on stiffer sprung and valved coil-overs and I have no problems on long trips. I'm talking the multiple 14+ hour road trips I've done and the fairly regular 9 hour trip I make between home and school. Doesnt bother me.

·
Registered
13,409 Posts
I guess ride quality hasnt become an issue for me yet? My car rides on stiffer sprung and valved coil-overs and I have no problems on long trips. I'm talking the multiple 14+ hour road trips I've done and the fairly regular 9 hour trip I make between home and school. Doesnt bother me.
It's less of a necessity and more of a "why the fuck am I driving a sports car for a daily commute" issue. There are plenty of fun-ish cars that don't sacrifice the ability to handle daily boring drives. That's why BMW invented the 3-series, isn't it?

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Well if you're thinking about the 3series you might as well get an Outback. It has a better stereo. ;)

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
It's less of a necessity and more of a "why the fuck am I driving a sports car for a daily commute" issue. There are plenty of fun-ish cars that don't sacrifice the ability to handle daily boring drives. That's why BMW invented the 3-series, isn't it?
There is certainly a sense of 'wasting' the car on drives like that. I haven't sat in one of these things yet, but the Miata with the top up is a fucking horrible place to be -traffic or not.

I also get ~8k miles from a set of tires, so there would be a very real feeling of wasting those just rolling along in a straight line.

-Justin

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,476
Strong early demand pushes JDM BRZ deliveries into 2013

So there's good news and bad. First with the good: Subaru's BRZ configurator has gone live. As we've already reported, the base model starts from $25,495 including destination. Now with the bad: We hope you have fun with the configurator, Scooby fans, because that may be all you'll have for quite some time. According to FT-86Club, demand for the rear-drive-sports-car-for-the-everyman has been so high that Japanese market deliveries have been delayed until January 2013.

While the report says it's "unclear" whether this will affect the U.S.-market BRZ or its Scion FR-S twin, with demand reportedly four times higher than Subaru parent Fuji Heavy Industries forecast, it's a good bet that neither brand's dealers will have a surfeit of cars.
Strong early demand pushes JDM BRZ deliveries into 2013

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
^^ I don't read that as we are delaying the car.
I read it as, there's more orders being placed than we can fill at this time. Though we are building and delivering vehicles, your's won't be here till 2013 if you order now.

·
Technical Poseur
23,314 Posts
So because their customers want the car badly, they're gonna delay it? Does that make sense to anyone?
I think their production line can only handle X many cars a year. If demand is greater than that amount then some people who preordered it will not get theirs until 2013. It doesnt say to me that they have just stopped making them. It just says demand is outstripping supply designated for the Japanese market.

1461 - 1480 of 2057 Posts