Lexus IS Forum banner

681 - 700 of 2057 Posts

·
Technical Poseur
23,314 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised with the factory pioneer in my scion. I've never been a fan of Pioneer or factory radios in general. That's the first time I've left one in place.

Also, I very much like not having to worry about getting my damn stereo stuff stolen (although some fuckers STILL stole my damn wheels off the thing).

-Justin
I've been more than satisfied with the stock system in the IS. Other than the 6 disk jamming up and breaking.

·
Übercargeek
16,623 Posts
The Japanese text says "Audio-less" - seems no radio is standard.
With FR-S being sold as a Scion in North America, I'd fully expect a Pioneer stereo to be standard, unless they offer a stripped-down Spec model (like they did for a couple of years on the 1st-gen Scion tC) that would come radioless.

Im gonna get the radio installed instead of the 3 gauges tho. Gonna find a way to remount those to the A-Pillar.
Much as I like this idea, keep in mind that doing this on newer cars is trickier, since side curtain airbags now tend to reside in the A-pillar.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
If Toyota sells this as both a Scion and a Toyota, can we start the official GM-style countdown to death?

-Justin

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
If Toyota sells this as both a Scion and a Toyota, can we start the official GM-style countdown to death?

-Justin
What could possibly go wrong with badge engineering? Slap a little (or a lot) of plastic body cladding on it, and there yah go, what was a Oldsmobile is now a Pontiac!
-GM executive

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
With FR-S being sold as a Scion in North America, I'd fully expect a Pioneer stereo to be standard, unless they offer a stripped-down Spec model (like they did for a couple of years on the 1st-gen Scion tC) that would come radioless.

Much as I like this idea, keep in mind that doing this on newer cars is trickier, since side curtain airbags now tend to reside in the A-pillar.
They will be offering a fully stripped down version with steelies, unpainted bumpers, no AC, etc.

And that is true. Forgot about the side airbag. Should still be fun to toy with :)

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
They will be offering a fully stripped down version with steelies, unpainted bumpers, no AC, etc.

And that is true. Forgot about the side airbag. Should still be fun to toy with :)
They're offering the different trim levels in Japan. I'd be surprised if they did that in the US, especially under the Scion brand.

-Justin

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
They're offering the different trim levels in Japan. I'd be surprised if they did that in the US, especially under the Scion brand.

-Justin
forgot that we get shafted in the ass.

One can hope.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
I like the Subaru, but what's the timeframe for that car's release? The only concepts of it have been the STi version. Is there going to be a regular version of the car as well? If so, how sucky are they going to make it in relation to the STi?

-Justin

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Production vehicles will be shown at the Tokyo Auto Show in 13 days!

The only major upgrades on the STI Concept was the Wing, BBK, Wheels and Suspension.

Everything else should be making it to the production model.

I Really hope the headlight and tails stay with the vehicle. The Tails look so much better than the FR-S ones.

Assembly is scheduled to start in March 2012 at the Subaru Plant.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
Wait, so Subaru is going to have both a regular BRZ and an STi version?

I'm going with whichever one is lightest on its feet. I'm guessing it'll be the Scion.

-Justin

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Wait, so Subaru is going to have both a regular BRZ and an STi version?

I'm going with whichever one is lightest on its feet. I'm guessing it'll be the Scion.

-Justin
They wont have an STi version just yet. They just did that for the LA Auto Show as a concept.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
My guess on both? Sometime in April or July (but released as a 2013 model), and $24k for the Scion. I'm expecting we'll get those details from a more reliable source at Tokyo at the beginning of December.

-Justin

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Those were my assumptions as well. Question is which do you think will be cheaper, the Scion or the Subaru?

681 - 700 of 2057 Posts