Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Longo Lexus has informed me that L-Tuned springs for the IS300 are in-stock at the moment, but they can't sell them because Toyota has yet to provide pricing. I did not visually confirm the existence of these, but I figured that it wouldn't be to anyone's advantage to fib about this particular state of circumstance. I have been told that these are grayish silver, like the GS L-Tuned springs. I have also been told that shocks, strut tower brace, anti-roll bars, and exhaust are on the way and some should be here in a week or two. The parts manager also mentioned the supercharger, but added that it MAY void the engine warranty (???)

Service/repair manuals for the IS300 are currently available, and the two-volume set goes for $228.90 (!!!) But I still bit the bullet and paid the piper.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I found out about that a month or so ago when I had my 5000 miles service done. I have seen all the TRD/L-Tune parts as they were used on some of the show room cars. The exhaust does not look that much different from the stock, and it is pretty quite too, although I was not that close that they drove the car off the lot. I didn't see the spring and the shock since I didn't feel like getting down on my knee and try to see between that very small gap between wheel and the body (keep in mind the car is lowered by about an inch), but I did see the strut bar.
I am pretty sure they are telling the truth, although what I am wondering is where they got those prices at beginning to sell those parts with the car? Anyway, I am waiting for the exhaust so I can get rid of my dented exhaust tip.

·
Registered
250 Posts
RE: Service/repair manuals for the IS300

What formats are available (paper/CD/...). How complete (electrical, troubleshooting, ...).

That price is about what I would have expected for a comprehensive set of manuals, but that is not always what you get.

Thanks
Terry

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by TSoich:
RE: Service/repair manuals for the IS300

What formats are available (paper/CD/...). How complete (electrical, troubleshooting, ...).
Terry: The repair manual is available in a two book form. I don't think it's available in an electronic format. It would have been my first choice had that been available. They're very complete and includes diagnostics, part numbers for SSTs (Special Service Tools), electrical, etc. What it does not come with is a full electrical wiring diagram (pub. EWD413U) and full details on repairing the automatic transmission (pub. RM780U), which is probably the most intricate assembly of the entire vehicle (4 solenoid valves, 4 planetary gearsets, 3 sets of clutches, 5 sets of brakes, and 3 sets of one-way clutches.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts