Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so... here ya guys go!...

Toyota Canada Inc. lowers MSRP on 16 Toyota and Lexus models

TORONTO, Feb. 1 - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) today announced the latest step in its ongoing commitment to deliver great value to Canadian drivers. The company has reduced the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) on more than a dozen Toyota and Lexus vehicles offered for sale across Canada. This move lowers MSRP across the majority of the company's fleet of 2008 models, from the Toyota Yaris ($750 reduction) to the Lexus GX series ($8,100 reduction)*.

"We have always monitored the Canadian market and taken action accordingly," noted Stephen Beatty, Managing Director of Toyota Canada Inc. "Now, we're pleased to take these further steps. These MSRP reductions are transparent and consistent, making it easier for customers to make informed purchasing decisions. They also benefit customers, whether they are leasing, financing or purchasing their vehicle with cash."

Toyota Canada Inc. has always taken a longer-term view of currency fluctuations. When the Canadian dollar surged in value in the fall of 2007, the company was one of the first automakers to take action in a manner that was meaningful to Canadian drivers. The company reacted to the market by offering a mix of price adjustments, gas gift cards, cash rebates, maintenance offers and attractive lease and financing rates. Toyota Canada Inc. is now converting these incentives into clear, consistent price reductions for our customers.

With today's announcement, the 2009 Lexus RX series is launched at lower introductory pricing and MSRP has been reduced for all 2008 Toyota and Lexus models, except models which were already adjusted late in 2007 (Prius, Tundra and Lexus GS series) and 2008 models being cleared out (e.g. Corolla, Matrix, Camry, and RX 350).

A list of vehicle models and MSRP reductions and adjustments, ranging from $750 to $8,100, depending on model and package, follows.

TOYOTA CANADA INC. DELIVERS MORE VALUE TO CANADIAN DRIVERS WITH MSRP REDUCTIONS OR ADJUSTMENTS ON 16 TOYOTA AND LEXUS MODELS

MSRP reductions and adjustments range from $750 to $8,100, depending on model and package. "Old" and "New" refer to previously announced starting from MSRPs on base models with the exception of "Old" and "New" pricing for GX 470 and LS 460 which are on the "B" suffix models. The lower introductory pricing of $44,350 for the 2009 Lexus RX 350 reflects a price adjustment of $7,200 as compared to the comparable 2008 base model.

Model / equals Old MSRP / equals New MSRP

Toyota
Yaris Hatch / equals $13,915 / equals $13,165
Yaris 4-Door / equals $14,695 / equals $13,945
FJ Cruiser / equals $30,725 / equals $29,725
Highlander Hybrid / equals $42,825 / equals $41,075
Avalon / equals $41,840 / equals $39,840
RAV4 / equals $29,400 / equals $27,400
4Runner / equals $40,580 / equals $38,560
Tacoma / equals $22,760 / equals $20,470
Sienna / equals $31,750 / equals $29,400
Highlander / equals $39,650 / equals $36,900

Model / equals Reduction

Toyota
Yaris Hatch / equals $750
Yaris 4-Door / equals $750
FJ Cruiser / equals $1,000
Highlander Hybrid / equals $1,750
Avalon / equals $2,000
RAV4 / equals $2,000
4Runner / equals $2,020
Tacoma / equals $2,290
Sienna / equals $2,350
Highlander / equals $2,750

Model / equals Old MSRP / equals New MSRP

Lexus
ES series / equals $42,900 / equals $39,900
IS series (manual) / equals $36,550 / equals $31,900
LS series / equals $92,400 / equals $85,800
SC series / equals $93,250 / equals $86,100
RX series ('09) / NA / equals $44,350
GX series / equals $76,600 / equals $68,500

Model / equals Reduction

Lexus
ES series / equals $3,000
IS series (manual) / equals $4,650
LS series / equals $6,600
SC series / equals $7,150
RX series ('09) / equals $7,200
GX series / equals $8,100

·
Registered
159 Posts
YEA!!! thats amazing!!, thanks for the goodnews bro!, Just did the calc and i saved 5k on my IS350 :D

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I got jacked on my 250 fck

·
Registered
103 Posts
rebate + MSRP reduction ?

ok, here is my story. i order my IS250 during the "December to Remember" deal, got $5500 cash rebate. The sale person told me I was enrolled into their price protection plan, meaning, if in Febuary, they introduce a $6000 cash rebate, i would get that, if they offer less, i would still get the same $5500 they offer in december.

now with this new pricing, do i still get that $4650 reduction from the MSRP?
or the price protection only on rebates?

* btw, i still haven't take delivery yet, schedule to be in mid march

·
Registered
159 Posts
ok, here is my story. i order my IS250 during the "December to Remember" deal, got $5500 cash rebate. The sale person told me I was enrolled into their price protection plan, meaning, if in Febuary, they introduce a $6000 cash rebate, i would get that, if they offer less, i would still get the same $5500 they offer in december.

now with this new pricing, do i still get that $4650 reduction from the MSRP?
or the price protection only on rebates?

* btw, i still haven't take delivery yet, schedule to be in mid march
hmm, well looks to me like the canceled the cash rebate completely. But i wasn't aware there even was a price protection, my Sales person told me basically if i buy it between that time frame i get it, but if they cancel it then I don't. I have a feeling that they will cancel yours too and just charge you the new msrp...just a hunch, maybe if you make a huge fuss they'll give u both :D.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
YEA!!! thats amazing!!, thanks for the goodnews bro!, Just did the calc and i saved 5k on my IS350 :D

How so? From what I'm seeing here the MSRP is dropped on IS250 only since thats the only one that comes with manual.

No price reduction on IS350? Weird.

Edit, nevermind, I just checked lexus.ca and looks like IS dropped across the board, nice!

IS250 - $31,900
IS250 AWD - $37,600
IS350 - $43,350

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Man but those optional packages are nuts!

$6,000 and $12,000 packages are something I would expect in a higher end vehicle, thats a little ridiculous.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Man but those optional packages are nuts!

$6,000 and $12,000 packages are something I would expect in a higher end vehicle, thats a little ridiculous.
tell me about it....before the price reduction the msrp of the IS350 was 47,800 i believe and the Nav + luxury package was 12,200. BUT! for 2007 the msrp was 49,900 and the Lux plus Nav packages came out to 10,100. Doesn't make much sence to me lol. I'm glad that Toyota/Lexus are finally doing something. Now its just a matter of time before the rest follow suit.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I wouldn't buy a first year S5, but then again I intend to keep the IS350 for a very long time. Also I heard they threw in A lot more hurdles when it comes to over the border buying.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I bought a 2007 GS350 AWD loaded in December with the dealer rebate. I knew the MSRP was dropped for 2008, but the rebate made it worth it.

I would clarify, but I am pretty sure the factory to dealer discount would only apply on the old MSRP prices. The reason they were offering the huge rebates were to compete with US prices. I actually thought it was very proactive of Toyota to do this. The dealership I purchased from was absolutely packed with buyers. It was crazy how many cars they were selling.

Audi on the other hand was dead empty. High interest rates and a huge difference between US and Canadian prices forced consumers elsewhere.

Good for you Toyota, and good for me getting a new car. win, win...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
This is pretty sweet. Now I really wish they would come the fuck out with the IS-F pricing. Im sick of see all these posts of people already taking delivery on there cars. Jesus....It seems like forever.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I bought a 2007 GS350 AWD loaded in December with the dealer rebate. I knew the MSRP was dropped for 2008, but the rebate made it worth it.
How do you like the car?

Reactions: spider_55

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is pretty sweet. Now I really wish they would come the fuck out with the IS-F pricing. Im sick of see all these posts of people already taking delivery on there cars. Jesus....It seems like forever.
haha i know!, its ridiculous how they are keeping pricing so secretive, that would be sweet if it was the same like in the US, oh man would those things sell.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought my IS 250 AWD in November with a substantial off-list discount, over $9,000 trade-in for my 2003 Acura EL and free service for four years/80,000 km so I'm not too upset.

What this will do to the other premium manufacturers is going to be interesting. I can't wait to see how BMW, Mercedes, Acura and Audi respond.

·
Registered
159 Posts
well BMW is pretty much screwed..they aren't going to lower their prices to much on the 3 series because they can't..they just release pricing on their 1 series lol. Next year Audi will release their new A4's so i couldn't see them doing a price reduction. MB on the other hand, if you price out a fully loaded C350sport, your looking at around 55 000 last time i checked. Their pricing is pretty competitive for our market.

·
Registered
312 Posts
How do you like the car?
Absolutely love the car. I am really happy with my selection. It is my first automatic and AWD vehicle. With my hakka 4's (winter tires) and the awd, wow, it makes winter driving a lot less stressful. I had a trip back from Montreal after the Christmas holidays that really showed me how good grip and good traction make driving in harsh conditions a lot easier to cope with.

I know it's not as sporty as the IS, but I wanted something bigger with enough sportiness to make it fun when I want it, and comfortable and quiet the rest of the time. I also wanted to try an AWD vehicle, and wanted to keep it in the Lexus lineup.

The automatic is really nice, especially when I am stuck in traffic. I still have the IS300, so I can still have fun driving a manual.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts