Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks too small (to me) to be a GS replacement. Esp since the base engine is a 2.5 liter. Displacement gives you agood idea of size of the vehicle (in most cases). I think that would make a good replacement for the current Camry which I think is butt ugly and boring. Seems like its in the same size class. Kinda have an Avalon'ish, shrunken LS430'ish look to is. CLassy. Could be competition for the Infinity G20 (not like theres any real competition there).

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I agree...the Brevis appears to built upon the Progres platform (as stated in the article), and we know that the Altezza/IS shares the same platform as the Progres.

The availability of the Brevis with AWD could foreshadow the possibility of an AWD IS300 Sedan or Sportcross...

Hmmm......

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
I think I saw this car on www.fugly.com
Ack, pray it doesn't reach our shores looking like that.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Originally posted by s0yb0mb:
I think I saw this car on www.fugly.com
Ack, pray it doesn't reach our shores looking like that.
IMO the tails on a GS series would look better than the ones on the is300, i checked it out, it would cost 900$ to fab them in, and then the cost of the tails.!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
its rwd, so i doubt it will be an ES replacement.
dimensions are as follows
179.1" in length

67.7" in width

57.5" in height

the IS is:
Overall length: 176.6 in
Overall width: 67.7 in
Overall height: 54.9 in

so the comparison is fairly close, and it will be a little longer and taller.

·
Registered
816 Posts
The truly interesting thing about this Brevis platform is the ability to accomidate all three conventional drive configurations: FF, AWD, and FR.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
both are listed on the toyota of japan website as new

toyota of japans website

apparently the awd version uses the 1j motor and the 3l is the 2j. i wonder if the awd drivetrain could be imported

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
i kinda like it, but it wouldnt be my frist choice.
I agree with Master on it looks like a Avalon replacement.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts