Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you take your IS300 to a Toyota Dealer for maintenance, instead of Lexus, in order to save money?

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
Toyota Dealerships are as good as Lexus...and its cheaper. you will be fine goin to a Yodaship.

I got my 90K work done there, cost me $740 for the timing belt, water pump, flush and refil both the radiator and tranny, and clean the tranny filter. this would normally rund atleast $1400 at a Lexus dealership

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I don't see why not. I think it depends on the service, though. When I got my ECU reprogrammed years ago, I got that done at a Lexus dealership. However, I recently got a full coolant flush done at a Toyota dealership. My reason for that was more for distance, though. The nearest Lexus dealership is 30 minutes away whereas the nearest Toyota dealership is 5 minutes away. (The Toyota dealership is really nice, too! They just built a brand new one with a super nice drive-in service area and what not.)

Anyway, I would say that you'd be fine taking your car to a Toyota dealership for more general service things, i.e. oil changes, coolant flush, etc. I'd probably go to Lexus for anything more complicated or more specific to the IS.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I take mine to a Lexus Certified shop not a dealership, cheaper, close and the same work as they where all Lexus Dealership people that just started their own shop by me. The Lexus Dealerships are way way way overpriced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts