Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm walking down the street the other day towards my car, and parked right in front of me is a Toyota Corolla. I did a double take when I saw it; many of the lines are "borrowed" from the Altezza/IS300!
I'm not inferring that they're the same cars, so you simple dolts looking for a flame, lighten up.
look here:
Corolla

IS300

It's hard to tell here, but even the hood lines match up. The front end aside, nothing else is at all similar.
Take a look next time you see a new corolla... it's uncanny!

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by PMD911:
I agree sometimes I mistake a Ford Focus for the IS also.
riiiiiggght.... very funny.

Ford Focus:

IS300:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I can see the Focus resemblance, and the Corolla, but where the hell do people get the idea it looks like an Echo. I dont see that at ALL.

·
Registered
759 Posts
What makes you think its not the other way around? After all, which car was here first, hehe. Plus, I think its just because its the certain type of brand ya know. Certain brands have certain looks. I can say majority of Acura's all look a like except maybe the Integra which doesn't seem to resemble the rest.

·
Registered
509 Posts
lol, ur darn right..
all acuras all looks hella similar..
its not for flaming here... but they do!
except the integras.. but hell, the RSX do look a lot nicer than the old ones..

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by LexusIS886:
What makes you think its not the other way around? After all, which car was here first, hehe.
I hear ya, but looking back over the older pre-99 corollas, you don't see a front end that looks ANYTHING like the IS300/Altezza... this is a new design for 2000-2001 corollas

·
Registered
219 Posts
i brought this up once...and they tried to kill me for saying that...and i also own an IS...

soybomb, say sorry to the forum or they'll kill your butt.
just like mine...

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
What about the Avalon? I see these things all the time and those headlights just make me have to look twice!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Originally posted by mchtypes:
is300 is a corolla.....................j/k i know its not dont flame i know your gonna say my car is an accord

No it's not!! Your car is only an insight or civic....Nay, b4 you flame me, I have CL-S too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Since Lexus is part of Toyota, we are bound to see comparisons between Toyota and Lexus.

It's the same comparison between a Toyota camry and a LExus Es300. To me they look exactly the same in exterior. Place Lexus badges on a Toyota camry and no one will know the difference, until you actually drive the cars.

Originally posted by s0yb0mb:
Ok, so I'm walking down the street the other day towards my car, and parked right in front of me is a Toyota Corolla. I did a double take when I saw it; many of the lines are "borrowed" from the Altezza/IS300!
I'm not inferring that they're the same cars, so you simple dolts looking for a flame, lighten up.
look here:
Corolla

IS300

It's hard to tell here, but even the hood lines match up. The front end aside, nothing else is at all similar.
Take a look next time you see a new corolla... it's uncanny!

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by siLveR_iS300:
i brought this up once...and they tried to kill me for saying that...and i also own an IS...

soybomb, say sorry to the forum or they'll kill your butt.
just like mine...
Kill my butt. oh no, not that again!
Look at my rating then look at yours... you gotta be doing somthing right! Perhaps you're doing more butt killing than me. That's just not my thing, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are you kidding me? The hood on the is300 is heavier than a bimmer's hood or a maxima. The ones on the corolla is like a a piece of sheet metal...They can not possibly be the same car.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by cdm2:
Are you kidding me? The hood on the is300 is heavier than a bimmer's hood or a maxima. The ones on the corolla is like a a piece of sheet metal...They can not possibly be the same car.
Wow, stellar arguement, I can find no holes in it.
Now who said they were the same car?
That's not even in question, I'm talking apearance; it looks as if the lines on the hood and front end are "borrowed" for the new Corolla...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts