Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Gameboy Advance that came out today, and got a few games including this racing game called GT Advance. It includes about 45 japanese cars among which includes the Altezza (which I am happy to point out handles better in the game than the Impreza WRX, hehe) I haven't gotten all the hidden cars, which i think also includes the Type-S. I'll try to get some pictures and post when I get the chance. The graphics are actually pretty nice...beats playing games on your palm pilot on the subway.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was pretty hard to get my hands on one, so good luck...i had to go to 3 different videogame stores and they were all out of them(but said that they're expecting more next week). I got this one that some kid couldn't buy because his mom cut his allowance or something, but had reserved. The game is sweet...i just wished i could make the altezza graphite grey. You can only make it Yellow, White, Black, or Silver,

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got the glacier color which i thought was going to look gay, but it's pretty cool. it's a clear light blue color. I'd call them all up and make sure they have one before driving all over the place looking for one. and you're at work??...it's past 11:00 pm! I guess you're on the west coast...but still that would make it 8. I get cranky if i stay 2 minutes past 4!!...hehe. Good luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Eh, the GBA kinda sucks. I was gonna buy one until Nintendo sent me one a few months ago. It's still not backlit and you can't play it in any kind of low light or strong light. Also, with so much good stuff comin out for next gen systems- Gran Turismo 3 (hehe altezza for real!)- you're probably better off saving for one of those systems.

If you've got any doubts, just look at how they butchered Tony Hawk 2 for the GBA.

Hehe... nevermind- just spend more money on your car! lol

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
some stores like bluelight.com (kmart online) are selling them for $89, other places are selling them for $99...

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah...the graphics on the GBA can't really compete with a PS2, but then again...I can't exactly take my PS2 to work with me and play GT3 at my desk(I have that game on order though...July 11th if they don't delay it AGAIN) and the lighting is kind of a problem. You definitely need to play near a good light source or get one of those gameboy lights. hmmm....bluelight.com for $89.99 huh??..I wish I knew that before I forked out $200 for the GBA 2 games and a powerpack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.