Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's not forget are all upscale versions of other Japanese cars. Which is good. I like the fact that they make quality, reliable and competitive vehicles. Something for everyone, isn't that one of the things that this country is suppose to be made of? We should all be happy because no car manufacturer anywhere can say that they're better than these three for what they offer. Yeah, the Germans have set a standard for upscale vehicles. That's not disputed. But as long as these three car companies continue to pursue trying to improve on handling, performance, speed along with the reliability from which they have become famous, we as the consumer will continue to benefit.

------------------

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, it should be Toyota, Honda and Nissan. If you want to be politically correct.
Originally posted by yamaot:
i think the title should be "Lexus, Acura, Infinity" instead of Toyota.....

------------------

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Making a statement about how good we all have it. Any more questions on the sarcastic side d-ckhead?
Originally posted by MunkyMan:
ok...and...

------------------

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Toyota created the Just-In-Time method for building automobiles and the other Japanese companies have followed in their footsteps. This allowed them to cut cost and put more emphasis on research and development becoming direct competitors of German companies in such a short time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Basically, all Japanese companies use "just in time" production. It reduces cost by reducing the need for storage space, etc. and is defintely more efficient. Doesn't always work though. That I can tell you from experience. As long as there is a constant demand and constant sell through, all is okay. But if a major company catches a cold, the suppliers get pneumonia!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts