Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know if anyone had Toyomoto's number? I called but to no avail. Got a recording stating the number was being checked for trouble. I was wanting to get some info on both the Stage 2 and 5 1/2 turbo kits. If anybody knows, how much RWHP would you lay to the ground with a stage 5 1/2? If I took my car down to Miami, how long would I have to leave it there? thanks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,519 Posts
lilaznboi said:
talk to Randy! Freelance

PM him...

if you're really serious about toyomoto...you'll be patient.
exactly....this is sorta a repost to the same question posed not too long ago....

main reason they dont answer their phones is they get hundreds of calls asking questions and crap where the person never actually follows through anyway....

their reputation and quality of products speak for themselves, especially from the people on the board who have their products...

and yeah, talk to FREELANCE...he is the contact 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tsopranoMB said:
lilaznboi said:
talk to Randy! Freelance

PM him...

if you're really serious about toyomoto...you'll be patient.
exactly....this is sorta a repost to the same question posed not too long ago....

main reason they dont answer their phones is they get hundreds of calls asking questions and crap where the person never actually follows through anyway....

their reputation and quality of products speak for themselves, especially from the people on the board who have their products...

and yeah, talk to FREELANCE...he is the contact 8)
k thanks for the advice and the info, money is not an option here... I will be wanting to purchase a turbo kit from them here soon... just wanted to research and look at my different options on their different stages before i finalize my purchase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lilaznboi said:
^^ to tell you the truth...each car that comes out of there is different than the next...even if it is a "stage II" or "stage X". Lance will taylor the car to your needs.
damn :eek: thats what i call tunning :chill:

i was going with either PHR or Toyomoto but I dont feel like driving all the way to texas to get it installed. Miami is closer to me anyways and i've heard lots of great things about both but my final choice is Toyomoto. I dont want nobody touching my car except the people who know what they're doing ... (i.e. Toyomoto, PHR, SRT)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,749 Posts
Tha Reaper said:
k thanks for the advice and the info, money is not an option here... I will be wanting to purchase a turbo kit from them here soon... just wanted to research and look at my different options on their different stages before i finalize my purchase...
If thats the case, then call SophieSleeps, he's got this Tri-Turbo setup.. :lol:

A serious question though, if you do go to these tuners that are quite far and you will only let them tune your car, then I better not hear you whine about how it needs to be re-tuned for some reason and you don't want to make the drive for something minor..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rllinghardis300 said:
Tha Reaper said:
k thanks for the advice and the info, money is not an option here... I will be wanting to purchase a turbo kit from them here soon... just wanted to research and look at my different options on their different stages before i finalize my purchase...


A serious question though, if you do go to these tuners that are quite far and you will only let them tune your car, then I better not hear you whine about how it needs to be re-tuned for some reason and you don't want to make the drive for something minor..
fuck it, i love to travel :crazy: but on a side note, if i cant drive it due to some tunning reason then i will have it towed. oh and by the way, no i wouldn't whine about it :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
Let me just put in my two cents worth...

Reaper...

You are making a good choice by going to Toyomoto and yes, Lance will tailer your car to give you what you want, but he will NOT go balls to the wall. That's a fact. Lance has an excellent reputation because he sets the car up so that it lasts and does not give you trouble. Once you get it, and start screwing with it at different tuners and on different dyno's you will basically regret it and one day have to send it back.

And don't think that you will not take it to other tuners, because you will. I honestly believe that you should get it straight in your head what you want and get it done the first time. Take it from me, I got a Stage II with TT internals and a T-70 last summer from Toyomoto and since then,

I've changed the turbo, the boost controller, the exhaust and the waste gate and I've dyno tuned several times, blew 3 spark plugs and finally melted a piston and now the car is going back to Lance and I wish I would have never dicked with it in the first place.

To be completely honest with you, when the car came back from Toyomoto, I was a bit disappointed because the damn thing felt like it was factory (not speed wise, but overall)... so I started changing things to make it "feel" modified and now I realized that the car felt factory out of Toymoto because it was done RIGHT and it was smooth. I would give anything to bring it back that way... and that's why it's going back to Lance.

And another piece of IMPORTANT advise.... LISTEN to Lance and take his advise. Looking back, it turns out that everything he told me was right and everything he told me not to do and I did anyway ended up biting me in the ass!

Good luck and take my advise... Listen to your tuner... he knows what he's doing!
 

·
Mr. Negative
Joined
·
11,977 Posts
Yo Amr... glad you're getting everything sorted. I've heard some crazy stuff and I'm glad you're sending your car back to Lance to get it worked out. As you know, He know's the car in and out and it's the right thing to do.

onyx_is said:
Let me just put in my two cents worth...

....... LISTEN to Lance and take his advise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,107 Posts
if your for real, pm freelance, lance stays busy, freelance will get you in touch with lance, talk with him, what rwhp you want, tranny, gears, etc, price....

ask him the time frame, just dont forget that most of the parts are custom fabracted so it takes percisssion and time....wait ull like what you see....TRUST ME...if u check my yahoo sig, i have toyomoto pics....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Yes, Yes, Yes get in touch with Randy (Freelance) he totally hooked me up and helped make my appointment with Toyomoto. From the lack of follow through and no communication I thought Lance would be a real dick. But after meeting him and seeing how many stupid phone calls he gets I can totally understand why he's hard to get a hold of. He was really nice and a pleasure to do business with :) .
 

·
$lores amongst us!
Joined
·
10,675 Posts
onyx_is said:
Let me just put in my two cents worth...

Reaper...

You are making a good choice by going to Toyomoto and yes, Lance will tailer your car to give you what you want, but he will NOT go balls to the wall. That's a fact. Lance has an excellent reputation because he sets the car up so that it lasts and does not give you trouble. Once you get it, and start screwing with it at different tuners and on different dyno's you will basically regret it and one day have to send it back.

And don't think that you will not take it to other tuners, because you will. I honestly believe that you should get it straight in your head what you want and get it done the first time. Take it from me, I got a Stage II with TT internals and a T-70 last summer from Toyomoto and since then,

I've changed the turbo, the boost controller, the exhaust and the waste gate and I've dyno tuned several times, blew 3 spark plugs and finally melted a piston and now the car is going back to Lance and I wish I would have never dicked with it in the first place.

To be completely honest with you, when the car came back from Toyomoto, I was a bit disappointed because the damn thing felt like it was factory (not speed wise, but overall)... so I started changing things to make it "feel" modified and now I realized that the car felt factory out of Toymoto because it was done RIGHT and it was smooth. I would give anything to bring it back that way... and that's why it's going back to Lance.

And another piece of IMPORTANT advise.... LISTEN to Lance and take his advise. Looking back, it turns out that everything he told me was right and everything he told me not to do and I did anyway ended up biting me in the ass!

Good luck and take my advise... Listen to your tuner... he knows what he's doing!
Did you try taking your car to PHR at anytime during your ordeal? I'm just wondering, because when I get my Turbo, I may take it there if I need some work done, because they are local.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
BigJoeD said:
Did you try taking your car to PHR at anytime during your ordeal? I'm just wondering, because when I get my Turbo, I may take it there if I need some work done, because they are local.

I contacted Jarrett at one point, but he seemed very busy and I never followed up. Maybe if I had gone to PHR, things would've gotten this way. But in all honesty, my car went to JoTech for most of the stuff and they did a fantastic job sorting things out and taking very good care of me. I especially thank Kenny Tran (owner) and Ton (mechanic that did most of the work) for their efforts.

I'm certain most of the problems that I faced were due to my impatience and my pursuit for more power without taking the necessary percautions.

I have no doubt that PHR is top notch. I'm just going back to Lance because when I got the car from him, it was as clean as a brand new IS300 rolling off the showroom floor... there is no other way to describe it.
 

·
Not Officially Back
Joined
·
12,205 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
Tha Reaper said:
k thanks for the advice and the info, money is not an option here... I will be wanting to purchase a turbo kit from them here soon... just wanted to research and look at my different options on their different stages before i finalize my purchase...
If thats the case, then call SophieSleeps, he's got this Tri-Turbo setup.. :lol:

A serious question though, if you do go to these tuners that are quite far and you will only let them tune your car, then I better not hear you whine about how it needs to be re-tuned for some reason and you don't want to make the drive for something minor..
Get a Haltech and a laptop... get her on the dyno, data log the runs, and send the air/fuel readings and maps to your tuner. They can fully tune the car from thousands of miles of way. It's like battlefield surgery, but for your car, and without the battlefield (or surgery).

If you're lucky they might even be available on the internet while you're on the dyno... they can send a new map, you load her up, do a run, and send the result data back. Very trendy.

And if you're crazy... you could hook PCAnywhere, VNC, or MS term services up to the laptop plugged into the haltech, get her online, and give the tuner direct access to the car as its on the dyno. Load the dyno results onto the desktop of the laptop so they can see them... and they can control the car from across the internet. Now thats snazzy.

Yes, I know a lot can be lost by not actually being in the car when tuning it... but its just damn cool to be able to tune in real time overthe internet. :D
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top