Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone know anything new about the Toyomoto SUpercharger? I haven't heard anything for a long time now.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
goldark said:
Hi.
Did you call Toyomoto and ask?
What he said^
Or...PM Freelance (another board member). He is connected to Toyo and can probaly get you an accurate answer...with speed :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
about a month and a half ago......

toekneepark wrote:
hey man.. how are things going with the S/C??
i might be getting a S/C soon, and right now i'm looking into the PLP, but waiting for the toyomoto before i make my decision... any news on it?

Hey whats up... Lance is still trying to make it shippable, he is now reconfiguring the ECU so the kits can be shiped. However if you want to do a stand alone fuel system, then the kit is ready. But as for shipping purposes, he is still working out the issues.

Randy

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
mokujin101 said:
goldark said:
Hi.
not possible, try calling there

they never EVER pick up

dont know how they do buisness
true..gotta conact freelance, he will help out with questions and answers and relay the messages back to Lance.....they are always so busy working on the cars, thus they dont sit around in the office and answer the phones.... :wink:

·
Registered
825 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
mokujin101 said:
goldark said:
Hi.

they never EVER pick up

true..gotta conact freelance, he will help out with questions and answers and relay the messages back to Lance.....they are always so busy working on the cars, thus they dont sit around in the office and answer the phones.... :wink:
that aint no excuse, i left voice mails. None returned, left emails none return. it cant be that they cant take like 10 min to return calls. or emails

Imagine if u actually bought something and needed tech support, u have to go thru middle men.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
mokujin101 said:
tsopranoMB said:
mokujin101 said:
goldark said:
Hi.

they never EVER pick up

that aint no excuse, i left voice mails. None returned, left emails none return. it cant be that they cant take like 10 min to return calls. or emails

Imagine if u actually bought something and needed tech support, u have to go thru middle men.
good point thats no excuse...however....I think their products speak for themselves.....did you bother talking to Freelance about your inquiries?

might as well go down there in person, thats what i'm doing in a few weeks..... :lol:

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
mokujin101 said:
goldark said:
Hi.

they never EVER pick up

They probably get about 100 messages per day there... if they answered every one they'd spend all day the next day answering messages. Instead they work on cars. They're a tuning shop. I don't blame them.

If you're really serious speak with Freelance. He'll know what to do.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
mokujin101 said:
goldark said:
Hi.

they never EVER pick up

they stay very busy, emailed him is the best way to get in contact with him, or contact Randy aka FREELANCE, he basically has his own direct line to toyomoto! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello,

I emailed them back in October and they said that they are making instruction for it on DVD and will take about 2 to three weeks.

I emailed them recently but I didn't get a response so I was just wondering if there are any news about the S/C.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
DAMN THAT long................. back when we 1st heard about it we heard it was only weeks away from release & the pertinent details were about to be released.... & that was a while back.......

I guess not.................. :roll:

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
edgy said:
DAMN THAT long................. back when we 1st heard about it we heard it was only weeks away from release & the pertinent details were about to be released.... & that was a while back.......

I think they're doing the right thing by not releasing the product before its 110% ready to go... how many times have we seen people with blown up cars that don't run or don't make power because a tuner released a kit before it was ready?

If they were to release it right now, you'd rag on them for having blown up cars next month. They're doing the right thing.

·
Registered
12,081 Posts
dasgalloway said:
edgy said:

I think they're doing the right thing by not releasing the product before its 110% ready to go... how many times have we seen people with blown up cars that don't run or don't make power because a tuner released a kit before it was ready?

If they were to release it right now, you'd rag on them for having blown up cars next month. They're doing the right thing.
Ya but the problem is some tuners post that their kits will be "ready" in a couple weeks...then we hear nothing for months. They should be honest and tell the real date they will be releasing the kit. If they don't know, then they should just wait until it is ready.

It's almost like they are hyping it so potential customers won't buy a kit from another tuner.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Norcal IS300 said:
dasgalloway said:
edgy said:

Ya but the problem is some tuners post that their kits will be "ready" in a couple weeks...then we hear nothing for months. They should be honest and tell the real date they will be releasing the kit. If they don't know, then they should just wait until it is ready.

It's almost like they are hyping it so potential customers won't buy a kit from another tuner.
that's not how it works man.

they could think it will be ready and *poof* something comes up that was a problem before and pushed the release back.

stuff happens. nothing in life is certain except death and taxes.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
cant wait for the s\c to be done, i am comparing between a s\c and a turbo.

money wise and performance wise.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
1 - 20 of 205 Posts