Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, sorry for the delay, but we were able to test out the S/C IS300 on the dyno last night and I am very impressed w/ the outcome...

The Car is BONE STOCK

NO Drilling into the oil pan.

NO Relocating of the Brake lines...

NO stand alone fuel system...

Here is the video:
BONE STOCK SUPERCHARGED IS300

·
Registered
158 Posts
when will full details be released?

--type of BOV, intercooler, mocal cooler(what is it), boost (psi), 5spd or auto (same numbers)...

(by the way) ***** AWESOME!!!!! ****

Peace,
Alex Vazquez

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This car is an '01 Auto, the 5spd should net more gains, then if you put on headers and an exhaust, the gains will increase.

I don't know for sure when the kit is released I will find out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Freelance, you mentioned that there are two "parts" to this kit a normal toyomoto s/c (nothing "normal" about anything toyomoto makes) and the upgraded one. Is this the upgraded s/c or the normal s/c? Also any idea on a price range?

Thanx,
-Chuck

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Nice number, very consistent! Torque is lower than I thought it would be though, was this run on the 5.5lbs that lance was speaking about?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Beautiful...Sound sik too..Whats exhuast is on there?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok here are a few details.

The S/Cer is a Roterex, it has its own Oil Cooler like a mini FMIC..

The runs were done on about 8-10psi.

This is the base line kit, I am not sure what the stg2 will include but I am sure it will be sweet...

this was done on an '01 stock auto, the 5spd's can expect about 15rwhp more, then if you put on headers and an exhaust you can expect even more after that...

As for a price, that is being worked on, we are also making a Installation video for dummies, I think I who knows Nothing about installs, will be doing the install for the video so you can see how easy it really is...

There will be a special introductory price, or a stocking stuffer price if you will...

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh I forgot, there is a BOV, but I believe that it was routed back into the exhaust.....

Thats the sound when you let off the throttle

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Not to be a buzzkill or anything, but I couldn't help but notice 2 things. First, the dyno was done with STD hp instead of SAE. Second, as a result of this, the stock auto run came up to 189 hp!?! Since most stock autos are around 170 or so, is it then fair to assume that the s/c numbers would then be around 280 instead of 300?

If that's the case, then all of the sudden this all becomes a little less impressive, as the number would now be comparable to the PLP vortech which runs only 7 psi, I believe.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
634 Posts
craniac24 said:
Not to be a buzzkill or anything, but I couldn't help but notice 2 things. First, the dyno was done with STD hp instead of SAE. Second, as a result of this, the stock auto run came up to 189 hp!?! Since most stock autos are around 170 or so, is it then fair to assume that the s/c numbers would then be around 280 instead of 300?

If that's the case, then all of the sudden this all becomes a little less impressive, as the number would now be comparable to the PLP vortech which runs only 7 psi, I believe.

Thoughts?
turbo 8)

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.