Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the interest of saving time, I won't go into the details and I'll just wait and answer any questions/concerns/objections/bullshit/flames that you guys might have. Some nice comments would also be great :D

This is at 14psi:

This is at 23psi:

Here's the video. Check out the FRONT BUMPER on the WHITE car behind me as the run is almost over. Check out the ORANGE GLOW... that's what 500 whp will do through a 2.5" exhaust!!![/size]

[Toyomoto Stg 2 Dyno

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
:eek: mother of pearl!! That thing sounds like a godzilla. You did a damn good job on your car. Congrats!!

BTW are you using stock wheels/tires?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MAJOR OVERSIGHT!!!

THANK YOU RANDY (Freelance)...

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your help and all the effort that you have put into being my Pointman in Miami. And THANK YOU for hosting my dyno and video till I get the website up and running.... Oh, thank you again for helping out with that, as well 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Also, thanks to Dan (dt1313) for helping me out with many of my initial questions and I know that you would've been there if you were in Miami.

Thanks also to Peter Farrell for his straight forward advise and honesty prior to my decision and for all the good work that he's done for the IS community.

Also, thanks to Jarred at PHR for his honesty and openness about the Motec and excellent advise.

Of course, thanks to Lance at Toyomoto for doing such an excellent job as always.

I know I know, it's not like I won an Oscar! But I've taken up these people's time and I owe them AT LEAST a simple THANK YOU.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
buddha 300 said:
:eek: mother of pearl!! That thing sounds like a godzilla. You did a damn good job on your car. Congrats!!

It does sound like godzilla, and if you pay close attention to the exhaust you'll see that it throws a little flame there at the end!!

NO, I'm not using stock rims... I only shipped the car to Miami with those rims b/c I didn't want to risk damaging my others:

BBS LM 18" x 8 & 9.5 with S-03 225s and 265s

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats

Sweet Mother Of God!!

That is some mad ass HP you got there. I actually saw your car about a week ago at Lances shop, and he said it was going to be really inpressive. He wasnt kidding.

What additions to the "regular" stage II do you have?

Built bottom? Toyomoto Header package?

Great job at picking a tuner, and you show some class by thanking the others that you did not go with.

Any plans to take this monster to the 1/4??

DR

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Congrats

BlackSunshineIS said:
Sweet Mother Of God!!

That is some mad ass HP you got there. I actually saw your car about a week ago at Lances shop, and he said it was going to be really inpressive. He wasnt kidding.

Great job at picking a tuner, and you show some class by thanking the others that you did not go with.

Any plans to take this monster to the 1/4?

DR
Thanks for all the kind words. About the additions, the T-70 is not standard with the stage II neither are the supra TT internals and head gasket, and of course the TRD lsd is added on as well. No headers or 3" exhaust. That alone would give me another 30 - 40 whp but I'd rather have a nice sounding car with the Greddy EVO that's on there now.

About the 1/4 mile, I don't really drag race, but I'm sure I'll get into it. A couple of friends at work are regulars so I'll go with them when I get the car back.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts

onyx_is said:
BlackSunshineIS said:
Sweet Mother Of God!!

DR
Thanks for all the kind words. About the additions, the T-70 is not standard with the stage II neither are the supra TT internals and head gasket, and of course the TRD lsd is added on as well. No headers or 3" exhaust. That alone would give me another 30 - 40 whp but I'd rather have a nice sounding car with the Greddy EVO that's on there now.

About the 1/4 mile, I don't really drag race, but I'm sure I'll get into it. A couple of friends at work are regulars so I'll go with them when I get the car back.
Just insane man, you're gonna' have so much fun!
(You do realize I'll want a ride in it. :) ) Take it easy!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts

bk9 said:
onyx_is said:
BlackSunshineIS said:
Sweet Mother Of God!!

DR

Just insane man, you're gonna' have so much fun!
(You do realize I'll want a ride in it. :) ) Take it easy!
NO WAY MAN!! You're gone.......me and CB have first dibs right aumer???

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
onyx_is said:
buddha 300 said:

It does sound like godzilla, and if you pay close attention to the exhaust you'll see that it throws a little flame there at the end!!

NO, I'm not using stock rims... I only shipped the car to Miami with those rims b/c I didn't want to risk damaging my others:

BBS LM 18" x 8 & 9.5 with S-03 225s and 265s
Just curious - how long did the whole "transformation" take??
Like I said - have fun with it!! Sounds amazing! Crazy numbers, wow.

Did you have any extra tranny work done too?

p.s. If you need some more help with that website, drop me a line, I'll be back in a week or so.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
onyx_is, congrats on the boost, Toyomoto seems to be handling business as usual.
Mike

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
onyx_is said:
Here's the video. Check out the FRONT BUMPER on the WHITE car behind me as the run is almost over. Check out the ORANGE GLOW... that's what 500 whp will do through a 2.5" exhaust!!!
i dont mean to sound harsh or possibly dumb...but it looks like that "orange glow" is the brake lights...if you look a the center garage pillar, you can see the light is red, and is tapped a few times while revving the car down... :roll:

still one hell of a beast thou!!! :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
My god, a wonderful car you got there!!! And BBS LMs are beautiful wheels.... Good taste, Can't wait to see your monster IS.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts