Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like I have said in past posts that next to the S/C this has been the best mod to my car. Even my friends who havn't ridden in the car can't believe how fast and hard it shifts. But this morning I noticed that when making a wide turn (not even under WOT) the back tires (235/40/18) actually break loose :crazy: like a stick from 1st to 2nd shift. That really impressed me so I'll be trying that all day today. Highly suggest any auto owners out there make the trip to Miami or hope it will be shippable one day.
Dean

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't remember exactly but it was under $300 and only took a few hours. I dropped the car off and took a taxi to the mall and after a few beers at TGI Friday's it was done! :)

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I'm driving down to Miami on Feb 6th, and will be in Miami Sunday night (bringing it to Lance on Monday).

Anyone down there wanna hang out one night?!?!

Anyway, I had training in Tampa, so I may as well make the best of it. Shift Kit is $250 + tax or a TON less if you ship it to them...although, shipping will kill you.

So, if anyone wants to see the POS yellow boosted IS I have in all of its mid-progress stereo install glory, hit me up!!! AIM or [email protected]

·
Mr. Negative
11,977 Posts
Yep, the shift kit is sweet.

I was boosting like an idiot today since it was cold as hell. Lotsa extra power and a cold road is a nice equation for a little drifting. ;)

Even chirped 3-4th today at 14.5psi.. Wooohooo lol.. I had to impress the Evo that was near me so I couldn't resist. :lol:

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I want stage 2.5 mother f'ers!!!!!

everytime I go to get that estimage...$$$ add's up.

Fuel return..
ecu...
headgasket...

makadameh...

Anyway, sweet!!!

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
One questions, since the valve body is upgrade....what is the next piece to go??

What is the next piece that will wear out due to the extra strain?

·
Mr. Negative
11,977 Posts
the sprag gear(which is a gear on one way bearings) from what I understand. It initiates all other gears.

It's the weak point regardless, but lots of people have beat the holy hell out of it and it's been ok. I know it'll go, I just hope to get a year out of the tranny before she pops. I'll be happy w/ that.

mattssi said:
One questions, since the valve body is upgrade....what is the next piece to go??

What is the next piece that will wear out due to the extra strain?

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
What are you planning after it breaks?

Replace the trans? the gear? crazy swap?

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I hear ya....unfortunately it doesn't look like toyo will ship it....since it is all modifing stuff...and if they let the cat out the bad, others will copy it.

You can ship to SRT = $495 if your a customer, $595 if not (all + shipping)
You can ship the TRANS to Toyo = $100 + shipping, $250 if you drive there

·
Mr. Negative
11,977 Posts
vahe shipping on the valve body had 2 problems. All of the bolts that hold the valve body in go in specific locations and many are different lengths. If you put the wrong bolt in the wrong location it would be fuct and would cost a ton to fix because it would screw the passthrough thingy. Also there's the balls and the mounting. I garantee that when most people drop this thing(if not properly instructed and following instructions) they would misplace something or loose something.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but if I owned a shop I wouldn't want to deal w/ the calls for the price charged for the upgrade. That's my opinion though. If you saw one being done you'd know what I'm talking about. Kane did his, so maybe he'll chime in. Anyone else know what I'm talking about here.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
vahe said:
Hmmm, it would be nice to just swing by toyomoto but it would be a real long drive from SanDiego. any chance of getting something like this shipped?
And I'm complaining about 1400 miles each way

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
vahe said:
SHET, that sucks. any other solutions?
maybe i can take a flight to florida and store my tran in the overhead bin. :lol:
LMAO... why can I picture that?

Just to clear it up... you can't just ship the valve body to Toyomoto to get the work done... you have to ship the whole tranny (I don't know if they're willing to do this... I just know that if they were it would be the whole tranny).

In addition, I would only trust Toyomoto to do the upgrade on my tranny... given how some tuners are making the cars shift... I expect to see some real problems come out of some valve bodies in a few thousand miles. Just because it shifts hard doesn't mean its good for the car... :shame:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.